Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Peter Gabriel disappeared!

Peter Gabriel disappeared!

Hey all,

So excited to FNALLY get Peter Gabriel's discography on here...but has anybody else noticed that most of his albums have vanished again? The live albums are here, but now the studio albums and soundtracks are gone. Am I the only one this has happened to? Help!

5 Replies

Hi @Chloprete, thanks for writing!

I've just checked Peter Gabriel's page and I see several albuns, including the studio ones, so is there any in particular you're interested in?

This for example is the link for the first one in the list, from 1977:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0kDFjyfGFtiIMXlxJ120Ok?si=2mWRG9LmSJmlEk8PjiwfXw

Let me know if it's available to you!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,
It’s the craziest thing. They’re showing up now, but still greyed out on my phone. They play when I click on them though. Must be something to do with my app or something. Thanks! I’m such a huge fan and was thrilled when he came to Spotify.

Yes @Chloprete, he's a genius indeed. I didn't know these early albums though. It will be nice to end the day listening to them.

Regarding your phone, just log out and then back in, or reinstall the app if needed.

Cheers!

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Some artists choose to pull their albums or there could be guidline issues. There's no way to know when or if the albums will return.

Hey @Chloprete,

Just to follow up on what the other users are saying: if you're seeing that there's a discrepancy between your experience across devices using the same account, then there's probably something up with one of the devices.

Out of interest, are you using a VPN on your computer? This might be the reason why you are seeing the albums appear there, but not on your mobile. If so, then the latter way is the expected behaviour.

In any case, if the album isn't available for you, then bear in mind that availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders. Make sure to check back - hopefully it can be readded in the future.

Stay awesome 🙂

Suggested posts