Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Pink Floyd - Wish you were here album, missing records

Pink Floyd - Wish you were here album, missing records

Hello, what's happing with records from Wish you were here album?

- Have a Cigar - spotify:track:3CmHvyZQQAGkKkTjTBFWN6

- Wish You Were Here - spotify:track:6mFkJmJqdDVQ1REhVfGgd1

- Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Pts. 6-9) - spotify:track:21j1PsCiTaO8ZW88UZrh3A

Thanks

Sem título.png
9 Replies

@marcopessota

Hello:

I do not seem to have that problem with that Floyd release, but then I have a U.S. account. What listening region are you in some Spotify listening users have access to this release below instead?

Listening from Costa Rica, I have the same songs greyed out

I'm with the same problem here in Brazil

Hello Jay, thank you for reply, I'm from Brazil, my friends and I did not found these songs/playlist. Can you play direct from "Wish you are here" album missing songs or those songs are gray for you too?

If it's only in specific countries then I bet it's a copyright issue with the artist. Spotify is pretty spot-on when it comes to copyright. 

Napster is with the same problem. Apple Music has the entire album.

@marcopessota

Hello:

No none of the songs are greyed out and they all play just fine for me. I just checked a bit ago. Not sure what the deal is? Songs greyed out mean the licensing for those songs are no longer available for given listening regions, and the content is no longer available for listeners in these regions. The other release of Wish You Where Here I posted with the different cover art is any of those songs available to you? The standard five tracks on disc one are currently available to me from the other release, just none of the bonus released content of the second disc that came out years later after the original release are greyed out, not available for me currently.

I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina, having the same problem. It's weird because I asked a friend to check this out and he can see and play all songs, so it doesn't seem like a license problem.

Anyone can help?

Screen Shot 2016-12-13 at 7.18.43 PM.png

They basically told me that the as Spotify is a streaming plattform, the music available on their catalogue is directly managed by the artist or record companies that own the righs of songs, so they are the ones who decide wether to keep or not the songs on Spotify.

Captura de pantalla 2016-12-28 a las 10.56.32 p.m..png
Captura de pantalla 2016-12-28 a las 10.58.19 p.m..png

Suggested posts