Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Pink Floyd songs

Pink Floyd songs

Pink Floyd albums are not available anymore.. why is that?

12 Replies

@danielt

Hello:

What is your listening region? Pink Floyd releases are available to me, but I am coming from a U.S. account, so I am not sure for your listening region. 

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

You can find out more information here

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello @danielt and welcome to the community

What country are you in, and what album are you looking for?

PInk Floyd albums are still available on Spotify, except in a few countries where they are not available as : IS MT SK

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

What happened to SK license? It was available here but not anymore.... I am afraid that for such small market it isn't even worth solving this problem on Spotify side....

heyy

im from malta, its a pity they are available not anymore 😕

Why would they not be available in malta but available on other EU countries?

I'm in the US and Pink Floyd albums are available, but some of the songs on those albums aren't.  

For instance, Pink Floyd - The Wall - "In The Flesh?" and "The Thin Ice" say "This song is not available...." along with many other songs on the album.

Is this a bug?  I know I've listened to the entire album previously.

Thanks,

Mike

@SkolVikingsGuy

Hello:

Strange, I just looked at my Pink Floyd discography playlist and all the songs from the release of The Wall are available for me, and I am a U.S. Spotify user. 

Are all Spotify apps showing the same tracks not available? What about when you go to the webplayer here: https://play.spotify.com/ does all the songs show correct and play?

I just did a quick look up to be sure there is not more than one release of The Wall available for U.S. Spotify users currently.

Is this the release you have currently?

The Pink Floyd artist page went through a content update, and the standard original album releases are what is available currently for U.S. Spotify users. Only other listening regions outside the U.S. currently for Spotify users have access to the Remastered Deluxe releases.

Might double check that you do not have that release set to offline currently, and turn it back to online mode? Also you might check and see if you have content from an older linked release that is no longer available to you from the Spotify service and the Pink Floyd artist page?

Hmmmm, it looks like all of the songs are actually available, but the app is sometimes saying that they're not. 

I just clicked on the play button next to "The Trial" and it said it wasn't available.  I then chose another song and retried "The Trial" and it played.  ???

Previuosly about half of the songs from the album weren't available, but now all but the first two songs are available.  I assume they actually are availble, but he software is buggy.

Thanks for the suggestion - they are all available on the webplayer, including the first two songs.

Can I report a bug here?

@SkolVikingsGuy

Hum, what version of the Spotify apps are you currently using? Do you happen to have those albums saved in any of your own created playlists? You might try first removing those releases from any playlists you have, log out of the Spotify apps and then log back in, and then try to readd those releases again from the Pink Floyd artist page. Might be a caching corruption issue going on with the apps. Usually a clean reinstall of the Spotify apps on the devices normally fixes things like this. There is a more involved way to clear the Spotify cache files from say a Windows system, without having to do a reinstall of the Spotify apps if this is what the issue is.

Thanks much, I'm a happy man.  I can now listen to the best album of all time.

I did have the entire album as a playlist.  I deleted the playlist, exited the app, relaunched the app, found the album and played it with no problem.

I don't recall why, but I had created a bunch of playlists from each album I like.  There must have been some advantage to having them setup as playlists (or I was an idiot).  I'm deleting them all now.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

@SkolVikingsG

Great to read you found a fix.

Anytime this happens again, you might just be able to just go to the artist page and double check a version of the release is there, and then go back to those album playlists and remove the songs in them, and just update them all with the new update songs from each release. Saves a little time deleting and making new album playlists again.

Suggested posts