Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playing Release Radar music from a different rapper with the same name as a saved band

Solved!

Playing Release Radar music from a different rapper with the same name as a saved band

Hi there, I've got an eclectic music taste but one particular singer (rapper) is just a little too out there for me and unfortunelty he shares the same name as an old band that I have music saved from. This rapper has a new album out this year and his 'music!' keeps getting played on my Release Radar and I don't know how to stop it and his words are really quite offensive. 

Can anyone advise how I can get rid of 'Five' from my release radar without losing all of my old 'Five' (the boy band) good time/happy songs?

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, thanks for posting! 

You can hit the "Don't Like" button and select either the song or the artist. (see the screenshot)

Have you tried this? Usually, it won't recommend you this artist on your Radar in the future if you ban it from there.

Dont like Radar.jpg

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey back @Brendar 

Don't worry, I also had to ask around about this. 

So, just to be sure you're not banning both of the artists, check their URI's or Artist links, right click the artist > Copy Artist Link / Copy Spotify URI. Then see if they have different codes, they look like this > spotify:artist:1nLw9CVpFRIjloeNQZteT3

If they are different feel free to ban the artist without loosing your followed band.

If they, however, share the same URI's by accident, banning one will ban the other as well, so reply back and I'll ask around for a possible solution : )

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there, thanks for posting! 

You can hit the "Don't Like" button and select either the song or the artist. (see the screenshot)

Have you tried this? Usually, it won't recommend you this artist on your Radar in the future if you ban it from there.

Dont like Radar.jpg

Thank you very much for your reply 🙂 

I've hit 'Don't Like' to the song but when I go onto the artist both he and the 'boy band' apears and I don't want to ban songs from Five (the Boy Band).

Do you think if I hit 'Don't Like' to the Artist, Spotify will be able to differenciate between the two?

Sorry to be a pest!

Brenda

Marked as solution

Hey back @Brendar 

Don't worry, I also had to ask around about this. 

So, just to be sure you're not banning both of the artists, check their URI's or Artist links, right click the artist > Copy Artist Link / Copy Spotify URI. Then see if they have different codes, they look like this > spotify:artist:1nLw9CVpFRIjloeNQZteT3

If they are different feel free to ban the artist without loosing your followed band.

If they, however, share the same URI's by accident, banning one will ban the other as well, so reply back and I'll ask around for a possible solution : )

Sorry to take so long but I've FINALLY managed to follow you instructions and THANK YOU IT WORKS!  🙂

Thank you again, Brenda 🙂

Hi AGAIN! 

Sorry to bother you but I think that I have the same problem with antother singer (or they've really changed genre and gone WAY down in my expectations 😄 ) I've checked the URI's or Artist links like you told me but this time they are both the same.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7tkwiWhGKSuQV8LwPWceWN

I love listening to Craig Cambpell the Country singer but I'm not sure about some other music thats been playing saying that its him.

this is not his 'normal' style, https://open.spotify.com/album/14lFhGZIjDCXcC8kfLMPoI

any advice for me? I've been pressing the 'dont play song' for some time but the button has disapeared on this album.

Suggested posts