Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlist / Album mess

Playlist / Album mess

Hi!

How does it come, that if you play an episode of an audio book, suddenly the system thinks it would be cool to play all sub-track 17 from different episodes?

Example: I was listening on The Three ???  Episode 182. If worked fine until track 17 of that episode. Then I was presented track 17 of episode 192, track 17 of episode 187, track 17 of... before it took off and presented me the first 8 tracks of another episode and then back to the first 17 tracks of my initial episode 182.

Does it have to do with the thing that I never found out how to play an album, one album and only this single one!

BR

Astralix

2 Replies

I'm not sure I understand your question entirely but regardless that behavior doesn't sound good.

Can you link to what you were listening to? I'm aware there are some audiobooks on Spotify but they're not treated differently than songs like podcasts are.

The behavior you're describing could happen if the playlist is filtered a certain way. For instance, by title in the Audiobooks playlist (screenshot attached) so that all the "01"s would play followed by all the "02"s despite the intended 01 -> 02 order of each book.

Spotify audiobooks.png

Hi and thanks for coing to me!

Actually I came across this issue while using Spotify in the car via Android Auto. But saying that, you see the answers to your questions. I just typed some thing like "Audio books" saw that "The Three ???" that remind me to my youth where I read all of this series books, and I just hit a random episodes title. Then I connected the phone to the car and started my 5h trip. It played without any problems and consequently track by track, episode by episode. 

At home, I do not listen to audio-books, I prefer some good trance vibes so I continued on my normal playlist, queue, whatever... 

4 weeks later, I had another 5h trip and found that, trance may cost me too much fuel at 220kph... so I tried to continue my "The Three ???" and after typing the first few letters of that (in German) it came up right with the episode where I stopped that times before.

However then the mess begun. It played the single track that belongs to the episode that I did not finish on the last trip, but the it continued on a different track in the middle of a different episode. And as the controls in Android Auto are limited, I had my fight to skip at least to a positon in the queue, where it played me a different episode but at least from the beginning. Oh. if I am reight, it played one full episode and then the one, that then ended in the middle, and it played again the last hered track from the initial episode. The one where I stoped 4 weeks ago. I tried skipping again but I was presented a random selection of tracks, all of different episodes and most of them with only the same track number. 

I switched to radio and later I played just the usual music I normally listen to. I thought I should ask someone at Spotify about that, but low priority.

Hopwever, yesterday I tried to play the new album "ASOT Classics 13" and I searched it, and hit the play Icon on the album cover. For me, this should be enough to just play that album. In the Adroid app, I alsways need to open the album and then you get this mostrous "SHUFFLE" button... I isn't there any one left, who likes to hear albums as the artist puts it together? Must everything be shuffled, randmoized and crippled? 

Ok, that aside, I normally tip the first title and hopefully that plays the tracks as they are listed. But with the Linux application you have that Cover-Play button... 

And now we are here, as this Cover Play button only inserted the first track, or something like this. And because there is no queue reset button, that brings you to a clear starting point from where you can build up a new clean queue with only the album you like to hear. 

Funny enough, today, after re-starting the Linux application, in the queue I can only find the desired album!

I am not sure how to handle these problems. I think, there is a missing option in the track database to solve the audio book issue. And I am sure that I missed something in understanding how the clients work for the album issue. 

For the audio books, the sorting algorythm needs probably a differenciation between "similar track" and "next track". May be there could be added a sort of "stickyness" to tracks, that keeps connected tracks in an order? The stickyness for episode 123 - track 1...100 must be higher then episode 1...100 - track 15.

For now I probably need to prepare myself a playlist before I start my longer trips...

BR

Astralix

Suggested posts