Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlist followers

Playlist followers

How can I see who follows my playlists? And if this is not possible, can you make it possible?

19 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately the ability to see who the followers are is not currently a feature of Spotify.

There is an idea for this here. Feel free to add Kudos and comment to show your support!

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

As mentioned above, there is no way to see who is following your playlists, but there is a way to see how many people are following a particular playlist.  Click on your name in the upper right hand corner, this should take you to your profile.  Then click on public playlists, it will then show you your public playlists and how many followers you have for each.

Followers.jpg

**~Jen~**

Hi, up to now, you can't see who follows your playlist. But you can see who follows you. And then if you click their profile. You can see their public playlist and if that person follow a playlist of yours, you can also see that playlist in their public profile.

Hello @Evelynvoice and welcome to the community

You can see the playlists other users are following if they make them public.

If they make them secret, you can't see them in their profile.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

kudos helped a lot mark thank you

Edit: Nvrm answered already. Lols

Really? They can make secret a playlist they are following even if the playlist is originally public?

yes, i both love and hate the feature. love it for myself as an individual user. it keeps the public playlist tab organized. hate it because i can't see what others are listening to lol.

smooth! this answer helped alot

Hi, I maintain a lot of playlists, some with my own music. I see stats on the playlist like number of listeners and streams if I have my music there. But for those that don't have, is there a way to view how many listeners?  I see the number of followers but don't have details on listener and stream count.

Any option?

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 5.27.05 PM.png

Im personally not sure of the answer to this, but i want to stay a part of this thread to see who answers becuase I am also curious of this answer.

Hi this feature is not abvailabe yet. 

this used to be a feature back in like 2013, i could see who followed my playlists... why is it gone now???

d6f

unfortunately this is untrue, followers can't be seen even if you check their profile and what public playlists they follow

There is not an option to view your Spotify playlist followers but hopefully there will be in the mear future

ya used to be, they took it away. 

you could see the usernames of people who followed ur playlists too at least on the desktop version.. why take it away tho?

currently it is not possible! hopefully it perhaps may become a feature in the future.

It's so incongruous. I can't understand the logic behind this idea of not showing any of your own created playlists followers just by clicking on the followers number. Please illuminate me.

I really think that at least the playlist creator should, if not must, be able to easily see who's following it's own created playlists.

I mean, IF WE'RE SERIOUSLY TALKING ABOUT PRIVACY. Because, if we are, then where is my privacy as the playlist creator then? What is your privacy thoughts on being anonimously followed/watched by who knows who?

I can already read you replying "you can opt not to make your playlists public", but i don't want to hide all of my playlists only because one or two users out there that i care about. I like people in general to like and follow my playlists, you know?

I even feel like you're favouring the creeps privacy instead of the single user, encouraging a very creepy behavior inside Spotify.

I mean, one can still see who is following what and everything about anyone by tediously going profile by profile. And you recommend it!. Again, please explain what are your thoughts about privacy on this?

Is it really too hard to just add a user blocking system? Or at least let the playlist creator see who is following it's playlist? Like in any other online community on the internet?

Or should I think, as an IT professional, that it really is a matter of not being able to or not giving a dime about users experience?

This is absolutely pathetic spotify! smh, you continue to show me how little investment you are willing to put into your UI. If there was any other viable competitor in your core competency as a business, I would surely not remain your customer.

Suggested posts