Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Playlist won't load

Playlist won't load

I have a 10,000 song playlist that won't load. The playlist name is (CASTING PLAYLIST). I use this one when I stream. Can anyone tell me what happened? Are there problems with Spotify?

All my other playlists load but this one, it just keeps spinning. 

I'm using the Spotify App I downloaded from the Microsoft Store. 

I really don't want to have to create a new list all over again.

Can someone please look into this ASAP and let me know what happened????

7 Replies

Hey @artful_dodger59,

Sorry to hear this, but no worries - I’ll be happy to help!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Have you tried the playlist link in a browser or another device? (PC, phone, ...)

Make sure you are on WiFi or have cellular data on for Spotify 

Did that already, playlist is gone! I'm on Win10, the Spotify version I'm using is the App from the Microsoft store. 

Hi there!

Not to worry, your Spotify playlists haven’t disappeared - it sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out the FAQ page ”Can I create multiple accounts?” here for more info.

If you’re definitely logged into the right account, but you’re still not seeing some playlists, I’d suggest reading this Spotify Answer for the correct steps.

Also, you can read this thread regarding your issue, it might help you. 

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Why would I create a second account? That answer is just DUMB!

For those coming here via Google:

I had a case where a few playlists didn't load in completely (only partially) and had the grey outlines show up at the bottom of the list (that display when the list is loading) that "got stuck". This was in Windows 10 Microsoft Store app as mentioned above.

The way I resolved this was to: Right Click on the Spotify Icon in the Start Menu. Then go to the More > App Settings context menu. Scroll down in the Spotify window that displays and click the Reset button. NOTE: This will reset the app, which means the cache and saved songs and log you out. Then open up Spotify and log in again and the playlist(s) that were having issues should now load completely.

Suggested posts