Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Please reinstate a proper library of 'liked songs'

Solved!

Please reinstate a proper library of 'liked songs'

It used to be, a year or so ago, that you could 'save' a song and view your saved songs by artist or album etc as you might with any other music software such as iTunes - but saving an artist was later removed and 'liking' only existed.

From that point the only way to look through songs you like was either by artists you have followed, albums you have liked or playlists. Since then, you have also recently made it so that searching for an artist within your artist list searches for ALL their songs, not the songs you have liked or saved.

You keep removing any way for people to like certain songs/artists to search within what they like. Currently, if I want to see every song I like by a certain artist I have to search down my 'liked songs' playlist for them all. Can you PLEASE return to the tried-and-tested system of liking artists and songs and laying those likes out as a library? It was a perfect user experience that you've made harder and harder. I can't make a playlist for every musician I like!

TL;DR: Please make a user friendly way to look through ONLY the songs you have liked/saved for certain artists agan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @OscarNommay and @ClaesV

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If you can't save your favorite songs from a certain artist in the Artists tab you might be experiencing an issue we're currently aware of. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.   

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Very much correct! I really used the feature quite a lot to play songs I liked per artist. I don't want to make dedicated playlists for every artist I am following, that's ridiculous. Hope they add it again very soon.
Marked as solution

Hey there @OscarNommay and @ClaesV

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

If you can't save your favorite songs from a certain artist in the Artists tab you might be experiencing an issue we're currently aware of. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.   

**bleep** thank you! I’m so glad it’s just a glitch. Reinstalled and it fixed it right away:)

Hey @OscarNommay

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

We’re happy to hear this is now fixed for you.

Enjoy your music with Spotify! 

This is not fixed. It just started doing it for me within the last month. I can access liked songs by Artists in my mobile app but not on my desktop app. 

I assume this is the version I am running on my desktop.

1.1.56.595.g2d2da0de-a

Hi there @rocket_fish,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

We've reported this, in the meantime vote for the idea here. Keep in mind that ideas with the status Closed - Not Enough Votes are still monitored by Spotify.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts