Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Please stop showing me Podcast Ads (I'm a Premium user ๐Ÿคฌ)

Please stop showing me Podcast Ads (I'm a Premium user ๐Ÿคฌ)

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone SE 2020, Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Dell G7 PC) 

Operating System

(iOS 11, Android Oreo, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

See attachment. This is a recurring issue. I'm a paid user and you're forcing me to be exposed to ads just because they're for content you licensed/created. It's lewd, intrusive content, and I don't even listen to podcasts. You're violating the user agreement paid users pay to REMOVE ADVERTISING and this is probably grounds for a class-action lawsuit. All I want is an in-app option on all platforms to turn this garbage behavior off and/or opt-out of receiving them immediately. I'd highly recommend you see to it rapidly, as your platform is sending out ad campaigns for in-house content to millions of users who are paying for an ad-free experience.

To paraphrase a classic Smash Mouth song, that I have to now close out of a male **bleep**'s sculpted, bare pectorals to even listen to;

๐ŸŽถ The ice [you] skate, it's getting pretty thin. ๐ŸŽถ 

Screenshot_20210228-125031_Spotify.jpg
6 Replies

I also LOVE the telling irony that the word "$TR!PP3R" gets bleeped out on your OFFICIAL community help forum because it's ruled as a term inappropriate for your user-base according to the ToS, but you've pushed out a self-serving ad campaign SHOWING THE BARE CHEST AND PARTIAL NIPPLE OF MALE $TR!PP3RS to probably tens of thousands! Yikes. Something smells fishy ๐Ÿ ... or at least, inky๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ“„๐Ÿ–‹

Hey there @ConnorCarbon,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been as expected. No worries, we're happy to help.

These pop ups are suggestions that might be based on different factors, such as your market, and those aren't ads that interrupt the listening experience for Premium users.

Rest assured, we'll pass your feedback regarding this matter to the right teams. In the meantime, we recommend checking out this idea and adding your +Vote and comments to show your support. You can also Subscribe to it from the 3-dot menu next to the title so you don't miss out on any updates we share about this.

Apologies for any inconvenience. If you need anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Only a day later and I get another one. Your answer was completely ineffectual and I need support for this issue, a solution, not an explanation. The question is not whether the listening experience itself is interrupted by these ads but the fact that the user experience is interrupted by these ads. The user experience of being a premium Spotify user includes navigating and using the app regardless of real-time listening activity. These advertisements interrupts that and the premium user terms and conditions include a payment in exchange for the removal of all advertising on the Spotify platform. Please have an actual support agent reach out to me with actual Solutions or workarounds, as this is clearly not the route to have this complaint rectified since you are simply ignoring the functionality of the issue at hand for a paying customer. Again, this behavior from the Spotify platform may be a violation of its own terms and conditions, acting against its paid users in the millions, which could leave Spotify vulnerable to class action lawsuit litigation. I suggest you take this issue more seriously and find me the support I need.

Screenshot_20210301-142219_Spotify.jpg

Hey @ConnorCarbon,

Thank you for your reply.

Premium disables audio ads and ad interruptions when listening to music for an ad-free music listening experience, but receiving content suggestions or advertisements within podcasts is not covered by the subscription.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music ๐Ÿ™‚

Here's the real deal:

Spotify Bought PARCAST so it is now in their interest to show you "suggestions" no matter how absurdly off topic. They make money if you listen to these. Therefore, these are advertisements.

You pay for spotify premium in order to have an ad-free uninterrupted listening experience, and you do not receive it when they make additions like this. Nor will they listen to your suggestions. There are "voting" topics in there that are over 5 years old. Unless you make  them 56 million dollars (what they paid for Parcast) your ideas and suggestions will be ignored.  The solution is to delete your account, and use another service.

Maybe in the future Spotify will listen to its users, and we'll come back.

Insert form reply from a Spotify Bot below.

I think the "no ads" feature of premium is a false advertising. I wish someone would p start a class action lawsuit. I have been paying Spotify monthly for years and now I am forced to listen to constant ads on a daily basis. It's disgusting

Suggested posts