Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Podcast Submission

Solved!

Podcast Submission

I've been running a podcast called Party Favorz for 10 years now. I have rarely done any social promotion for the site and rely solely on word of mouth. 

Party Favorz is a brand that I built and a site that contains mutiple genres of dance/house music podcasts. From Disco, 80's, 90's classics to current EDM, Funky House, Underground and Circuit, I've got it all. 

I am to the sole owner, administrator, designer, content creator and control every aspect of Party Favorz.

Over the course of the past six months, I average just over 28,000 streams/downloads a month. I was previously hosted on Blubrry and just finalized the switch to Podbean, where in the first week I've generated over 5,000 streams/downloads as sign-ups have suddenly exploded. 

Since Spotify only has an agreement with Libsyn (one of my former hosts), I was interested in shopping the concept and idea directly with Spotify to see if there is any interest in Party Favorz. 

As mentioned above, I've been doing this for 10 years now (verifiable through archive.org) and believe I have a brand that would jibe very well in the Spotify ecosystem. 

I can be reached by going to https://partyfavorz.com. Scroll to the footer of the page and click on the 'contact' link to send me a message if interested. 

Sincerely,

Keith a.k.a. K j A M

partyfavorz.com, Owner

2017-Logo-300x300.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

You can now get your podcast on Spotify! Read this FAQ to see how you can get your podcast on Spotify through the listed distributors / email form https://artists.spotify.com/faq#how-do-i-get-a-podcast-on-spotify

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@partyfavorz

You're welcome! Yeah I would think the team is very backed up with requests. So it may take some more time.

MattSudaSpotify Star

View solution in original post

17 Replies

This link has some information about the Spotify podcast submission process (the Spotify forum apparently no longer allows direct linking to the submission form):

http://podcasternews.com/2017/06/30/spotify-quietly-opens-podcast-submission-form/

They hand select which feeds make it onto their platform, and they're known for being somewhat selective. The fact that your shows are music heavy is almost a guarantee that they *won't* approve your request. But, there's no harm in trying.

Thanks for the response. I had JUST read about the submission form on Blubrry when i got your notice. 

Anyway, I submitted it. Fingers crossed. 

Much Thanks!

Did you get approved? I just submitted mine, praying it gets picked up.

Nope. Never heard a word back. Meanwhile, my podcast is in Apple Music, Google Play, Tunein, LastFM, Mixcloud and Deezer. Not sure what Spotify's issues is. I've listened to their dance mixes and I blow them out of the water but whatever.

2017-Logo-300x300.png
Marked as solution

You can now get your podcast on Spotify! Read this FAQ to see how you can get your podcast on Spotify through the listed distributors / email form https://artists.spotify.com/faq#how-do-i-get-a-podcast-on-spotify

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thanks for this information! I had switched to Podbean last year and saw where I could submit it. It's been 2 months already and still in limbo with no response so either they're backed up or likely not going to include it. I'm already in Apple Music, Google Play and TuneIn. I did take down Deezer, Mixcloud and LastFM (or whatever they're called now) to limit my exposure and since I never authorized them in the first place. 

So, I'll just wait and see. If not, so be it. 

Much thanks!

Marked as solution

@partyfavorz

You're welcome! Yeah I would think the team is very backed up with requests. So it may take some more time.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Since I cannot post on the forum and I see this is an issue for many people based on Google results, I thought I'd send a reply here. 

I've reached out to Spotify support via Twitter who referred me to artist support where I cannot paste the URL to my podcast as it won't allow me to add it. Since Spotify never notified me that my podcast was added 2 weeks ago and do not really engage with podcasters much less their customers in any viable way, I'm making one last attempt to determine the issue with my podcast. 

As I stated, it's been up for 2 weeks. I posted a badge on my website partyfavorz.com and notified my followers. Shortly afterward, it went down. I checked my feed and with Podbean my host and there are no issues. My podcast continues to be live on Apple Music, Google Play, TuneIn, and Stitcher and my newly created YouTube channel have no issues either. The only problem appears to be with Spotify. 

I've been running Party Favorz for over 10 years now with no issues nor complaints; only compliments and thanks from many artists. I receive upfront promos from the many labels including prominent and up and coming DJ's. I provide track lists for every episode in the anticipation that Spotify, as well as other services, pay the appropriate streaming fees (assuming that's the issue). If that is the issue, then please explain the plethora of similar podcasts to mine all over Spotify.

I even provide very clear contact information that states specifically if you do not want your music included to reach out to me to have it removed. Not once in over 10 years have I ever received a takedown notice. 

Now, this may not be the issue at all. Maybe Spotify thinks I compete with their fake generic EDM and/or Dance podcasts which are no more than curated playlists not unlike what the service already provides. I can't say for certain because you literally offer no support whatsoever. 

I realize podcasts are new to Spotify but if you want to be competitive and stay in the streaming business, you really need to get your act together. Otherwise, you risk looking like a small fish about to be eaten up by the aforementioned corporate machines. I'm not spouting off to be critical, rather constructive. If this tirade came across any other way then I apologize. 

The feed can be found or not here: https://open.spotify.com/show/7nGLrXrj0svRiivC5sKwxb?si=Orot42O4RS-EEHmIJRQQRA

Sincerely,

Keith Whitworth, Owner

partyfavorz.com

Screenshot_20180322-202318_Spotify.jpg

I run a small but good podcast on pippa.io who is a hostingservice. They want to charge me 8 dollars a month to be on Spotify. Does your hosting companies offer you presence on Spotify for a charge amount? 

No they do not. There is no reason to charge you to get on Spotify or any other streaming service. Apple Music, Google Play, Stitcher, and Tunein all allow you to submit your podcast through their own portals. 

Currently, Spotify does allow that but it's harder to get on that way. I'm not sure why they don't do it the way the other providers do but that's their choice. 

Additionally, there is no guarantee Spotify will accept your podcast and if they do it can be taken down without explanation. 

Paying to have it submitted is a ripoff. 

Hi,

I’ve submitted a podcast via Audioboom last Thursday but still awaiting contact. Can you confirm how long it takes to be approved and then made available on Spotify?

Honestly, I couldn't say. I was listed for a hot second and now my URL https://open.spotify.com/show/7nGLrXrj0svRiivC5sKwxb no longer works except on my computer. Even then, it stopped updating in March. On my phone, nada. 

All I know is that once you're accepted, they do not notify you. It just shows up. Good luck getting any help. I finally got ahold of some person named Brittney to resolve my issue but she just stopped responding once I sent her the information she asked for. That was two weeks ago. 

I've given up and won't lose any sleep over it. 2/3 of my traffic comes from Apple Music. A few followers asked if I'd would be listed in Spotify, so I thought why not. Since I'm hosted by Podbean who they work with I submitted it, got accepted, and then the feed went all wacky. If I reach out to Spotify, they refer me to Podbean. When I reach out to Podbean, they refer me to Spotify. It's a vicious cycle where no one will tell you anything, much less help. 

It's the reason I use my own website feed and don't rely on Podbean, just their service to host my podcast. They do a lot of things right but this ain't one of them. I can't speak for Audioboom.

Anyway, best of luck cause I'm not messing with it anymore. 

partyfavorz.com

Check out the attachment below. I think that's Brittney sleeping on the job LOL. 

Spotify.JPG

Hey @partyfavorz

Sorry for the late reply.

Spotify has confirmed to me they're looking into this. It looks like you're currently speaking to the Creator Support team, who should get back to your most recent message soon. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

1 of the posibility - suspect there's video content in your playlist as spotify do not accept video content.
Solution - remove your video content then contact podbean & ask them to help submit the verifcation to spotify again

Hi,

My name is Helbert and I am webmaster of igrejahebrom.com. I recently submitted our Podcast feed to yours for posting on the Spotify platform, using the form for Self Hosted Podcast.

How long will it take to publish our Podcast on Spotify?

Our feed URL: igrejahebrom.com/feed/podcast/

Thankful and awaiting your return.

Okay, folks here's the deal. Spotify does not accept podcasts that contain music. I had gotten an email from them a while back. Technically, that's not true as I've seen some in their listings but not trying to get anyone thrown out, so I won't mention them. 

It's not clear as to why they won't accept them as all the other major streaming services do. Possibly because it competes directly with their own curated playlists, but I can't say for certain. 

What I do know, is many of the artists featured in my podcasts would welcome the opportunity for greater exposure and get paid for it at the same time. Spotify has the capability of identifying the tracks within podcasts and I already provide an accurate list with each submission. The pay structure is likely different but at the end of the day, money is money and exposure is exposure. 

Frankly, I think I and others add a great deal of value to the service and to our followers. My reach is global and has amassed 10 million downloads and streams since I started in 2007 on various platforms. Nevertheless, it's Spotify's business decision and hopefully, at some point, they'll see the value that I and others like me provide to the end-user as well as the artists. 

Yeah, this thread didn't help my situation AT ALL. I use a partnered aggregator as a host AND BETTER YET. For no apparent reason, 2 of my 4 podcasts were accepted and 2 were not. NO REASON given, but it did suggest I check the Spotify submission guidelines which; of course, I haven't been able to find ANYWHERE. Oh well, here's hoping they respond to my email at some point.

Suggested posts