Presale Codes. Who gets them?

Solved!
Huib
Community Legend

Hey folks! Thanks for coming to the Community for help.

Spotify sends out pre-sale codes to the top fans of an artist or band, based on streaming data. There's more information about Fan First emails here. If you haven't received an email with a pre-sale code, I'm afraid you're not eligible for this one.

To make sure you'll receive Fan First emails in the future make sure you’ve opted in to the emails and that Spotify has your correct email address.

Let me know if you guys have any other questions.

Hope you're having an awesome day and keep rocking! :)

5 people liked this

Re: Metallica Presale Code

Triggerious
Casual Listener

Sounds like I could be canceling family premium because like others have said, this is bull**bleep**. I’ve been a premium member for like 3 years and I can’t get a code because I haven’t streamed enough Metallica?  False advertising from ticketmaster and Spotify.  Why even advertise Spotify pre-sale if it’s only for handpicked customers.

3 people liked this

INVADER2

First of all you're not dealing with a professional business here. Second of all I doubt it's even based out of the United States. It's probably based out of India. When I called them today they hardly spoke any English and was very difficult to make out what they were saying. Not to mention the fact that they were extremely rude. I have just called Spotify several times and three times they hung up on me. On the fourth time they answered and said to me "why are you calling when you're driving? That's unsafe." I asked them if I was speaking to Spotify and they said yes and then I asked what do I need to do to get a Metallica code and they said nothing and they hung up. I have a Spotify account and I pay my daughter's premium account. We just want to see Metallica. But honestly I don't think Spotify even has any presale codes at all.

I am looking for a new place to stream music.

jtwestify
Casual Listener

Doesnt seem like there is really a code... Gimmick, either that or it comes tonight?

2 people liked this

Hollywoodzombie
Casual Listener

Someone posted this in the presale thread.

Fan  club code 

***presale code removed: click here for more information***

Live nation code: ***presale code removed: click here for more information***

SWTTONI23

Thanks hope it works 

2 people liked this

Jgrossman19

Paying $10plus dollars a month for premium membership and not qualify for pre-sale codes because the artist isn’t a regularly played genre. I have had Spotify for 2-3 years and didn’t have a clue about this service offered to members. It’s a huge disappointment to learn Not all members qualify for these bonus services. It sucks... 

jbinc
Regular

Whats the link for the Spotify presale? When I click "get tickets" in the app it just takes me to ticketmaster for the VIP package presale. thanks!!

harryrules84

can someone share if they get, we all wanna go.

Triggerious
Casual Listener

Remember that time they advertised that Citi Card members got pre-sale, but only for those who spend X amount?  Wait, me either. 

4 people liked this

wolfgangdays

I've been a spotify premium member for years, I listen to Metallica every day, every other song I play is Metallica....I've even gotten an email from Spotify themselves saying according to their "data" I'm one of their top listeners....and if I wanted to be part of their charity. I haven't gotten a presale code, not gonna lie, it's enfuriating how this presale works. The code should be given to all premium members in the first place, but knowing that "I'm one of their top listeners" and not getting a code is even worse. 

SUGGESTED POSTS