Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Problem to listen to songs

Problem to listen to songs

Hello ! I need to solve a problem I have in which a long time ago I blocked some songs from my playlist so they do not play. Nowadays those songs appear to me in GRAY and it does not let me unblock them or listen to them. What do I do to listen to them again?

3 Replies

Hey @chulycuervo

If they appear greyed out, then they are likely just unavailable in your region - not because you blocked them. Sometimes content becomes unavailable due to changes in licensing or other reasons. 🙂

If you're still worried, there is a nice way to check if the song is really greyed out or is it your account's problem:

1. go to the album of the greyed out song, click the album's three dots and select Copy album link.

2. go to your browser, paste the link on address bas and hit Enter.
You'll see the album without having to log in.

3. If the song is available, you see play symbols in place of music notes when hovering over songs
If the song is unavailable, there are no play symbols appearing when hovering over the song.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The songs are avalaible to listen in my browser. I still can not hear them from my app

@chulycuervo

In this case I'd recommend reinstalling the app to refresh things up. Follow the steps in this article on how to!

If that didn't help, you can also try checking your hosts file for any Spotify entries. The file is capable of rerouting traffic to void, and rerouting Spotify traffic can break the app in strange ways.

See this Answer article on how to remove the issue. 🙂

I'd also suggest commenting out / removing all lines to see if that changes anything.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts