Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Problem with long titles in classical music

Problem with long titles in classical music

I have a Premium account, and I reglarly use offline playlists on my iPhone. I mostly listen to classical music, but the titles are usually very long, so if we have a symphony/concerto with more movements, it is impossible to tell by the title which movement I am listening to.

Example:

Spotify on my computer shows:

Cologne Radio Symphony Orchestra – Horn Concerto No. 1 in E flat major, Op. 11, TrV 117: I. Allegro

Spotify on my iPhone shows:

Horn Concerto No. 1 in E flat...

It is not possible to show more than this! I tried all possible ways, and there is not possible to show the whole title. For example with an opera, there may be about 30 tracks, but all tracks are showing identically because the name of the song comes at the very end of the title.

Could Spotify make the app better so that it is possible to "scroll" through the title?

30 Replies

Won't work on cell phone.

Hi!

For this specific issue, I suggest trying to contact Spotify themselves as this is probably a bug in their system that just needs to be modified. Users most likely will not be able to fix this on their devices.

I rarely listen to classical music, and I also notice this problem, so I understand what you are relating to. I hope this helps you if you haven't already contacted Spotify! Classical music is great 🙂

Why is this marked as a solution to this problem?  Please reopen this ticket.

It helps a little to search for albums instead of songs. Then you can see who performed the piece. When you choose an album that you want, then you can see much longer song titles.

Nice suggestion. If looking for a specific piece of music, how would you
search for it in an album specifically? Thank you.

Thanks! When I search for a piece of music, Spotify gives me the option of
looking for it in "Songs" or "Albums". Choosing Album lets me pick a good
orchestra first, then when I go into the album, the pieces are listed
without the other cluttering information that shortens the names more.

Hey!

Someone made a good suggestion to differentiate Artists, Composers, Orchestras, Cunductors etc.

Spotify answered that they like the ides, but he needs 100 Kudos per year for his suggestions to be concidered to be implementes.

Let give him all the "KUDOS" we can, so spotify will change something in the system for classical music lovers!

Click your "kudos" here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Music-Classical-Music-Mode/idi-p/1298139

And I found that this Idea has been reposted here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Playlists-Composer-filtering-is-required-f...

I will try to suggest a solution for the problems with showing, searching and filtering classical music as soon as i get rid of my newbie status 😉

Hello, I just joined Spotify and got very frustrated at this same issue so I made this quick fix for Chrome users.

It automatically overrides the page's appearance when the page is opened. It uses Stylish for Chrome, there are probably other extensions like Stylish for Firefox and Safari.

1 - install the Stylish official Chrome extension (from the "..." menu > "more tools" in Chrome)

2 - close and open all browser windows

3 - then open the Spotify player page and launch the Stylish extension (from the top right part of tool bar, if the icon isn't there you can access it from the dark grey icon that looks like a jigsaw puzzle piece)

4 - in the Stylish window, clock the "..." menu on the top right, then "create style"

5 - in the new Style window, paste all that follows then click "save" on the left. Hope that it will help you 🙂

/* Fix to allow full display of long title names in the Spotify web player */

._7effa9d9b3900e9698aa6e0423a1e841-scss._98a17d59ea3df3c60b9699a6afe43816-scss[aria-colcount="5"] .bddcb131e9b40fa874148a30368d83f8-scss {
grid-template-columns: [index] 16px [first] 9fr [var1] 4fr [var2] 2fr [last] minmax(120px,1fr);
}

.e8ea6a219247d88aa936a012f6227b0d-scss.bddcb131e9b40fa874148a30368d83f8-scss {
border-top: 1px solid white;
padding-top: 10px;
padding-bottom: 10px;
}

.e8ea6a219247d88aa936a012f6227b0d-scss { height: auto; }

._7c993111016a33a158645119f8a6fb12-scss, ._5845794624a406a62eb5b71d3d1c4d63-scss { display: block; }

.fc0bebbbc5e1404f464fb4d8c17001dc-scss { float: left; }

._8ea0b892e971e6b90a252247c160b4f4-scss { display: block; }

.standalone-ellipsis-one-line { display: block; }

.ellipsis-one-line, .standalone-ellipsis-one-line {
overflow: inherit;
text-overflow: inherit;
word-break: break-word;
}

long song titles fix.png

Seriously. Un-mark this as solution. It’s a disservice for the apps community of classical music listeners. 

I get an error that says Access Denied when I click the link you posted. Perhaps it was removed. 

Suggested posts