Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Question about Artist Followers

Question about Artist Followers

My question is I notice some Artists have under 1000 followers, but have over 50,000 monthly listeners. Is this normal?

I would think someone with that many listeners would have more followers.

I also see the opposite as well.

3 Replies

@hgalstar

Yes it is possible for those numbers to look odd at face value. Some users avoid the following feature on principle due to the social aspect of the Follow features in other services, but many users just listen to a particular artist's music without following them. Following an artist helps with regards of the notification system of new content added to those artist pages, so high or low following count is not a good indicator of something off with an artist play history.

Thanks JayLB,   Also is Monthly listeners measured by how many users every month are listening to that Artist?

@hgalstar

I might have to ask around if that is an accurate count month to month listening or an average of monthly listening activity. With the desktop app If you click on the ABOUT on the Context bar at the top at any artist page, and look at the section that says LISTENERS there is a green arrow with a number next to it that points up based on daily increases of listening activity.

Suggested posts