Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Question about "liked from radio" playlists

Question about "liked from radio" playlists

I recently decided to listen to classical music on Spotify, and knowing absolutely nothing about it, I simply started listening to classical radio, using likes and dislikes to tell it what I wanted to hear. After doing this for a while I noticed the "liked from radio" playlist, which is a really cool feature. Since then I've added a couple songs to the 'liked from radio" playlist without actually liking the songs themselves while listening to the radio (usually because I forget to like them while listening) and I was wondering if songs I put into the playlist affect my radio. As in, if I hear this song on the classical radio, will it show up as liked, and will Spotify choose my next song based and the songs I add to the playlist. Furthermore, will removing songs from the playlist have the same effect as unlinking it? As a programmer these are the kinds of questions that fascinate me, and things I think about while using radios in music apps. I have no idea how big this community is and/or if you can give a definitive answer, but I thought I would ask. I for one think it would just make sense for editing the liked from radio playlist to have the same coding implications as liking/unlinking a song, but it's possible that the "liked from radio" feature is just a fun one not intended to be functional.
1 Reply

So as it turns out the "liked from radio" feature is a very different feature than what I had previously thought, so my question is a bit irrelevant.

Suggested posts