Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CAN'T ADD SONGS TO QUEUE

CAN'T ADD SONGS TO QUEUE

I do a queue of about 150 songs each day to play in the background as I work. Today, it only let me add about 78 songs. I try to add songs to the queue and it gives the message that the song has been added to the queue, but I can't see that it has been added. Also, I add the songs from different playlists that I have created and It does not let me see the song lists to add when I press play on that playlist. This only started happening to me today. Please help. I use my Iphone 13 to play. The version is 8.8.1.397. Thank you.
10 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

Spotify version 1.1.72.439.gc253025e, Copyright (c) 2021, Spotify Ltd

Operating System

Linux

My Question or Issue

What's the  maximum number of song that can be queued?

I've a playlist with over 140 song, but when I play it, only first 90 song get on the queue.

BR

Hi, good question!

Actually from what I have personally noticed the queue on the desktop adds about 81 songs in one go to the queue and I have not counted for the mobile apps but that should be the same.

There is nothing to worry about here, your playlists are played completely and nothing is skipped. The way it works is once you are done playing something and move on, it moves the list up and adds the next one to the queue. Imagine if you have a playlist with 1000 songs and they are all added to the queue in one go, that will rather mess things up and look bad. All your songs are added to the queue but only a few are shown to not make it cluttered.

Another thing is, if you add songs to the queue by pressing Add to Queue, they will be added without removing the last one in the queue. That increases the count from 81. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Throw a like my way or mark this as a solution if I helped. ‌😊

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, 

thank you for the reply, in my experience the playlist is not played completely and if you press randomize I would expect all the songs in the playlist are considered and this isn't happening.

If you "add to queue" anyway you cannot go to specified position and play new added songs as I go to last song in queue and double click, it should start play and load some others. 

Right now if you double click nothing happen, doesn't even start play, need to change playlist to start playback of any song.

BR

For some reason when im adding songs to my queue and the number of songs reaches around 100 it sometimes deletes almost all of the songs i added only leaving five or six songs that i most recently added to the queue. I want to find out how to fix this and/or why it's happening because it is very frustrating.

Hello @FRANCIS_13CATS,

Thanks for reaching out. Can you please provide us the following info:

• Does this behaviour happen every time?
  • When did it first occur?
  • Can you please provide as a screen recording of the exact issue?
  • Can you send us the exact OS and Spotify versions of your device?

Then we will gladly look into this for you.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your response.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there @PatrickR24!

On the mobile app, the queue will usually display up to 80 tracks, but don't worry - all of your songs have been properly queued up, so once you reach the last song under Next in queue, the list would refresh with the rest of the tracks and the playback would continue as normal.

The Community is always here if something else comes up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there. Yes, I've been told that, but up until the most recent update to 8.8.1.397 on 01/13/2023, I was able to see all songs I've added to a queue, way past 80. My issue is that when adding more songs from a created playlist, I'm unable to see the "Next From: (Playlist name)" to continue adding songs from that playlist or any playlist because it stops the view at 80. I've been using Spotify for years and use a queue of about 150 songs daily and I've never had an issue until the update. My wife and son did not download the update and their queues are fine, showing unlimited songs added to a queue, so please don't act like this is normal. Can something please be done to correct this? Thank you.

Hey  @PatrickR24,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we'll make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Hopefully you'll see if it gets improved but we can't guarantee when or if this will be changed!

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, 

I've removed the linux client,  you can replicate this also on opening https://open.spotify.com/ in Chrome browser.

I'm on Debian 12, with google-chrome-stable 114.0.5735.198-1 

thanks, BR

It is July 2023 and this still is not fixed.  I am on Spotify for Windows (64 bit) 1.2.16.947.gcfbaa410 (the latest version) and I can only add 101 songs to my queue.  We have the Premium Family Plan

When working, I like to put in several different genres into my queue and then randomize it, so throughout the day I get a wide range from Def Leppard, to Enya, Alan Jackson, to Lorde, to Disney movie song, to Jon & Vangelis, to Bill Joel, to Van Halen,  JJ Lin,  to Air Supply, etc...

Like others have stated it used to be virtually unlimited.  

• Should we be able to add more than 101 songs to our queue? 
  • If this was designed as a new restriction why? 
  • If this is bug, when will it be fixed?

Suggested posts