Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Radio repeating the same songs

Radio repeating the same songs

I like the Radio feature and have "Autoplay" turned on so it continues after I listen to an album or playlist.  But I'm hearing the same songs over and over again even though the radio is based on different artists - for example I keep hearing "He Would Have Laughed" by Deerhunter, it's a good song, but never anything else by them. Obviously I listen to a lot of music in similar genres, but the Radio algorithm obviously needs some work, it's stuck in a groove, to use a phrase from the days of vinyl 🙂

3 Replies

checked my Last.Fm profile and it tells me that I've heard Yo La Tengo's "Autumn Sweater" 6 times in the last couple of months (it's in my top 20 recent tracks). But I've never deliberately played that track, it has been on Radio every time.

As well as the Deerhunter track previously mentioned (4 plays) I've also head Cass McCombs "Opposite House" & Kevin Morby "Harlem River" multiple times. I've never even heard of Kevin Morby - are these "sponsored" tracks?

Harlem River! oh my god! I now hate this song! seems to come up all the time on you tube as well! It's either sponsored or he has managed to compose a song perfectly to match algorithms.

Good question; I got here cause I also keep getting Cass McCombs (**bleep** **bleep** **bleep**); even if I start the radio with listening e.g. to Son Lux...! That sponsorship sounds quite likely then I guess (or it's really a weird algorithm twitch..).

Suggested posts