Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Ram Leela and Bajirao Mastani removed?

Ram Leela and Bajirao Mastani removed?

Does anyone know why some bollywood movie soundtracks are being removed?
Ram Leela and Bajirao Mastani have already been removed.
Is it a copyright issue or is their some exclusivity deal that I missed?
17 Replies

Same here, I loved all of the songs in bajirao mastaani so much, noticed today that they removed the playlist and hit songs. I am disappointed, those songs made me appreciate the culture of India every single time. I hope spotify resolves the issue. The songs are a gem in the history of bollywood. 

I have no idea as well im so sad...

Hey @candlemaker-za 

I've moved your post to the Content Questions section under Help.

Availability of content on Spotify depends on permissions from rights holders. Sometimes these permissions can change.

You can read more info in this help article:

https://support.spotify.com/article/missing-music-or-podcasts/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Do the rights holders have the functionality within spotify to remove content for specific regions or is it a "You are on spotify or you aren't" type of setup?

Yes, sometimes content might only be available in certain regions. The availability in each region is up to the rights holders.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Please put both the albums back this is wrong as this is how copyright can come, it was already there or how can copyright come on this

ahhhhhh i just realised this today, i wanted to play 'tattad tattad' so badlyyy. Ram-Leela and Bajirao Mastaani were blockbuster movies with amazing soundtracks and it's really tragic to see them removed. Spotify team i'll really appreciate it if you could bring back those albums to spotify n im really hoping this is not because the artists decided to remove it. what will my bollywood dance sessions with spotify be without those bops!! *im crying rn brb*

I was updating my Bollywood playlist only to disappointingly find that Bajirao Mastani and Ram Leela had been removed. These soundtracks were so important to me and my loved ones I can't believe they're gone

Bring back those songs!!!!!

really wanted to listen to nagada sang dhol :(((

Hey everyone.

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome.

As @MattSuda said, the songs you don't see on your end have a strict relation to licensing agreements. This depends of the artist or the right holders of said content to have it available or not. On our end, we'll be working in order to get more and more content to the platform (if an agreement is reached with said right holders). 

Lastly, remember you can get in touch with the artist of the content you like through their Social Media (if needed).

The Community is here in case you need anything else. 

Cheers!

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Pleaseeeee bring the songs back!! I thought it would be gone for just a while but it’s been months now and I can’t listen to my favourite Hindi songs! It’s quite disappointing as I listen to all of my music on Spotify and now they don’t have my favourites… what the point? 😔 

please tell me there’s something being done about this situation?! 😩

Exactly. I'm just so confused. Apparently it's back in countries like India but here in the UK where I live both Ram Leela and Bajirao aren't unplayable. Weirdly the south Indian version of bajirao is available?

It's available on another streaming service, but not on Spotify? This is ridiculous

Currently travelling in India, and can confirm only the ?Tamil and ?Telugu versions of Bajirao Mastani are available on Spotify here. Very disappointed too 😞

What the **bleep**?  I don't care if a song gets greyed-out from Spotify due to being unavailable.  However, this song completely DISAPPEARED from my Liked songs list!!!  That is so extremely not cool.  Now I feel like I have to ditch Spotify since I can't trust it to keep a list of songs I like - a simple yet important task.  Spotify has erased it from existence like people were erased from Soviet photos.  Come on, Spotify, this is **bleep**.

Almost a year later and we are still missing Ram Leela and Bajirao Mastani in South Africa

Suggested posts