Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Random songs showing up in playlist ONLY on phone, not on desktop.

Random songs showing up in playlist ONLY on phone, not on desktop.

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy A11

Operating System

android 11

My Question or Issue

random songs I do not know are showing up on my playlist ONLY on my phone. Each songs has a spotify green square with two diamond shapes in it, to the left. To the right on the right side of the screen, is a circle with a plus sign and next to it a circle with a minus sign. Why are these showing up and how do I get rid of them? TIA!

Cali

1 Reply

Hey @CaliShantz89,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

We're not sure what issue are you experiencing, so please share with us some screenshots and a bit more details for us to be able to advise you better. On which playlist are those songs visible? Do they appear on every playlist or just on particular ones? Make sure you haven't enabled the Enhance feature for that particular playlist (see image and explanation below). 

Turning on Enhance in your playlist will enable Spotify to suggest recommendations based on your playlist tracks which will be updated daily. The recommendations are suggestions and won't be permanently added to your playlist unless you actively add them.

If you don’t like the recommendations and want to remove any of them, you must go to the recommended track context menu and click ‘Hide Song’. The song will never appear in the recommendations after this. To remove the feature (and all recommendations) from your playlist in general, just tap again on the Enhance button to disable the functionality for that playlist. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts