Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Re: Spotify New Releases - Oct 16, 2015

Re: Spotify New Releases - Oct 16, 2015

was some music removed with the addition of new music?  i found that music i was listening to before is now gone.  specifically, a day to remember.  they had several albums listed, and now they only have two.  what happened?

4 Replies

Hello @blazer232 and welcome to the community,

I guess you talk about the band "A Day To Remember".

I have checked the profile and I see 7 albums available.

What country are you in ?

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm in the US.  The only albums that I see listed are, "Common Courtesy," and, "And Their Name Was Treason."

e: I still also see playlists on their page that previously had songs that are now unavailable to me.

@blazer232

After some researches it happens that all the albums removed are from the same label "Another Victory Records". What I suppose is there is a licensing problem with this label in the US because the albums are all available in the other countries covered by Spotify.

It's possible to expect that when the problems will be fixed the albums come back.

Spotify wants all the music in the world available to stream. Unfortunately, sometimes, due to licensing problems or by decision of the artist or label or rightholders, it can happen that some album are not available at all on Spotify or partially available in some countries.

Spotify is working hard daily to convince labels/artists to have their music to stream.

The best users can do to help is to try to contact labels and ask why the music is not on Spotify.

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Okay, thank you.

Suggested posts