Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove ads during podcasts

Remove ads during podcasts

I originally got a premium account specifically so I wouldn't have ad interruptions.

I feel like ads on podcasts have increased recently. It wouldn't be as bad if they were only between episodes, but the ads that occur during the episode are jarring and disruptive.

They never occur at a natural break. The midroll ads will abruptly start while the hosts are in the middle of a sentence, or in the case of improv, a scene or song. This is especially irritating in more immersive content as it forcefully rips me from the experience, just to hear the same ads for the thousand-and-twenty-fifth time.

And because the ad is built into the length of the podcast, I can't even rewind to listen to the section uninterrupted in it's entirety, as was intended. Ads really diminish what would otherwise be a pleasant experience, specifically and especially midroll ads.

If the ads cannot be limited to only between episodes and for some reason must occur during the episodes, at least adjusting the timing of the ads would improve the experience. My suggestion is placing the ads where there is a natural break or where the podcast has their built in ad break for their own sponsors. If the ads cannot be removed from the middle of podcasts, I hope they can at least be adjusted to be less disruptive and startling. 

6 Replies

Hey there @Hay_Az,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

We can confirm that Spotify doesn’t play ads that interrupt the music listening experience of Premium subscribers, but some podcasts may include advertising, host-read endorsements, or sponsorship messages.

Spotify gives the podcast hosts the option to choose if they would like to have a dynamic ad slot in their podcast, but that isn't something Spotify can control - it's up to the individual podcast owners if they choose to have that type of ad in their content.

We suggest that you take a look at this and this article for more info.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I'm listening to a very old podcast from 2012 and in between episodes I'm getting ads, that are clearly from Spotify, about various UK things (some David Mitchell show). The podcast is an American podcast so the ad is not coming from there.
This happens periodically. Sometimes I can go months without this issue and sometimes I'll get 4-5 ads in one week. I got 2 today.

I understand when a podcast has recorded a sponsorship within their own podcast. But i think it is disgraceful for Spotify to have adverts from their end, particularly video adverts, on premium accounts. I am paying £15 a month only to have 3 adverts every 15 mins in a podcast?!

DO AWAY WITH IT!!!

The past couple of weeks I've started getting adds when listening to podcasts on the Android app, despite being a premium user.
No adds when playing music however.

I've logged out and re-installed the app without any improvement.
The adds are in my native language(Danish), so I know they're not native to the original English-spoken podcast content, but injected by Spotify.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Its by Spotify design, all the copy paste messages from Spotify claim they cant control this.
Total BS.

Back to Tidal 🙂

You created the problem, you can absolutely remove them and pay them from your subscription fees, instead of from recouped ad revenue. I CANNOT listen to a podcast and sleep without ads jarring me awake constantly. It is INFURIATING. I DON'T EVEN USE YOUR PLATFORM TO LISTEN TO PODCASTS, IT'S LITERALLY ONLY FOR JOE ROGAN.

Suggested posts