Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Reporting a deliberately incorrectly titled song

Reporting a deliberately incorrectly titled song

I've noticed a re-record/remix of a popular #1 hit song that appears to have been deliberately mistitled by the rightsholder to make it appear as if it is the original that people would be wanting to listen to.

It seems to have worked - said re-recording has over a million more streams than the original and has even had Spotify accidently mistake it for the original and add it to several of their playlists. As it has much more streams than the original, when you type the name of the song into Spotify the re-record comes up before the original one does, thus clocking up more streams and cementing its position as the most popular version. (and believe me it's not - I've been at a party where a pre-made Spotify playlist was on and the re-record came on and no-one liked it!)

I highly doubt the rightsholder of the re-recording would change the meta tag data as they stand to lose a heck of a load of streams.

What can be done? It's not copyright infringement (and I'm not the rightsholder of the original version so couldn't make a claim myself).

2 Replies

I believe line-in is what you're searching for! There's a thread on this that may help you, you can see it at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/Help-Us-Fix-Metadata/td-p/2175994

Hope it helps! 

I believe it's simply an app error, the next update should fix small bugs like that.

Suggested posts