Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Retirement of our Running Feature

Retirement of our Running Feature

Hey everyone, the Spotify Community team here.

We’re here to let you know we will be retiring our Running feature on 26 February 2018.

We always take retiring features in Spotify very seriously. We’re pouring our energy into new ways of creating the best experience for our users.

Of course, you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse section.

You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Please post here with any questions or feedback you might have. We’ll be sure it reaches the right teams.

Thanks!

814 Replies

I tried out the Nike+ Run Club and it’s actually pretty sweet.  Very well integrated with Spotify, and does better than old Spotify’s running playlists.  It does require another app and another login, so that’s a pain.  Overall, much better though.

400 responses and counting Spotify. You are absolutely useless at customer service. Do you actually employ people in this field. If you do, I would suggest some training, from outside sources.

This is good to here. Just finished a run with RockMyRun and it wasn’t too bad. Didn’t love the mix but stayed on beat. 

I messed with Nike earlier but thought it was odd you put in your desired speed instead of BPM. But I’ll give it a try. 

Runtothebeat

Can I specify running lists to a specific bpm?

So sad. It was an amazing feature, and in my opinion an unique selling point for Spotify. I did recommended Spotify several times to running mates because of this feature. Especially the own running mix with detected tempo was so motivating me While running. I was telling everyone how great it is That an music app can stimulate people in running. Please Spotify team: take all the comments on this post serious and at least consider re introduce this feature!  

Very disappointed in this choice. 

Spotify, PLEASE listen to your consumers and bring this feature back! It is how many of us have grown accustom to our runs. It is the reason, like many have mentioned, why I have Spotify to begin with. PLEASE, we all ask, reconsider this a give us our playlist back!!

Bring it back please! This was a great feature. Also the ability to preview playlists and albums by just pressing and holding over it, that was a great feature. I’m not sure why Spotify is taking away some of the best features of the app that separates it from the competitors. I have been a Spotify user for 5 plus years and enjoy it more than Apple Music and wish you would not keep taking away useful features. 

Don't remove this feature from Spotify! I am paying for a feature so why take that away? Does your car dealer suddenly steal your airco from your car? Is Microsoft suddenly cancelling Excel from Office? 

Why do all good apps tend to lure users with great great functionalities and when users are happy they start pinching off features. I need the running mode for training to stick to my tempo. Playlists with a range between 150 and 165 make absolutely no sense! 

Spoiler
Super upset at this. wth

From my perspective, retiring the running feature in Spotify is not only incredibly disappointing, but a really bad idea. I’m also sure it would have been used more if it was placed more prominently.

Nike+ Run Club may be sweet, but I'm using Runtastic Pro since 2015 and tracked every activity, so switching to a different tracker is not an option.

Spotify Running and Runtastic combined work(ed) perfectly.

Hi, Can you please bring back the original running playlists?? “Seasons” was my absolute FAVORITE and such a unique set of music and feature to your app.  There seems to be a lot of confusion in the community because what is the harm in keeping them on there? Updating playlists and adding new material is awesome, but why remove older material?  There is a strong connection with runners and their music. So it’s hard for a community of people who depend on the music as motivation to take away those playlists that have been used for so long. Can you keep the new material that you have offered but bring the old ones back as well? We would so so appreciate it! 

Please return this option 

@Srhendry152 wrote:

Hi, Can you please bring back the original running playlists?? “Seasons” was my absolute FAVORITE and such a unique set of music and feature to your app.  There seems to be a lot of confusion in the community because what is the harm in keeping them on there? Updating playlists and adding new material is awesome, but why remove older material?  There is a strong connection with runners and their music. So it’s hard for a community of people who depend on the music as motivation to take away those playlists that have been used for so long. Can you keep the new material that you have offered but bring the old ones back as well? We would so so appreciate it! 

Seasons, Epic, Chase, Bliss...will all be missed. And it introduced me to Ellie Goulding too- loved her running mix!

Just like others in this thread, I've been using Spotify Running from the start and make me a Premium User. I always use 190 bpm for running and 150-165 bpm is definitely a no-no. You HAVE to restore the feature, or WE should find other alternative and LEAVE Spotify.

I tried Rock my Run too and actually really liked it, especially the mashup playlists, and love how you can manually adjust the BPM on almost all playlists.  Had a great run with it today. Lots of old school hip hop mixes which are perfect for my pace. Not missing Spotify anymore lol. 

I know that there are BPM running playlists in the workout section, but the adaptability of the BPM tracker made such a difference.

Is it such a resource hogger that you can't just leave it as part of the app?

The Running feature was my reason for purchasing Spotify. Unless it is reinstated, I will be cancelling my subscription.

I had the **bleep**tiest run ever when I tried one of their new “running” playlists. Crappy music and wildly varying BPMs...my knee actually started acting up because I couldn’t focus on a pace.  Utterly useless which is why I cancelled my subscription and had a great run today with Rock My Run - found some amazing old-school hip-hop and 80s mashup playlists and you can manually adjust the BPMs or have it match your heartbeat/cadence, like Spotify USED to do before they decided to suck.  No pain, all gain.  The only difference is that is can’t draw from your own music but I’ve already discovered new stuff I like 🙂 

Suggested posts