Retirement of our Running Feature

Re: Retirement of our Running Feature

Nnsane

Stupid decision by Spotify.  

How do I control the speed of the above tracks?  Need to bring it down to 150 bpm

this_is_douglas
Regular
I don't think you can control the speed any more, that whole functionality
appears to have been removed :-( It's not the same at all!

Lili_G
Music Fan

Oh My God! I love you!!!!!

(don't tell my boyfriend) haha :)

luckysoph7

I just went to reccommend this feature to a friend who is running their first half marathon today, only to discover it’s no longer there. I am so gutted. I have found that feature to be the only thing that keeps me running (i’m pretty unfit!) and i used to love discovering new music whilst out on a run. Music seriously keeps me going when i want to give up and to have a stream of songs at the exact tempo that i’m running to was amazing. So disappointed you’ve removed this. I don’t understand why this needs to be taken away when clearly so many of your users are a big fan of it. 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Spotify Staff here again. 

I can assure you that the teams at Spotify have been actively reading your comments and feedback in this thread.  They will also continue to read your comments and watch the vote counts in this Idea thread: “Please Bring Back Running”

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Running-Please-Bring-Back-Running/idi-p/4399078/p...

We would like to collect all your feedback in one place, which is why we’re closing this thread and encouraging you to all share your sentiments in that  Idea post.
 Be sure to add your vote there as well if you support the idea. 

As we mentioned, you can still workout with Spotify as your Running companion. You can find Running playlists in the Workout section of Browse.

You can also connect your Spotify running music with an exercise app. Check out our support articles on Nike+ Run Club and Runkeeper for more information.

If you’re interested to learn more about how the app evolves, check out our article about testing and why features change.

Thank you for your feedback.
SUGGESTED POSTS