Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Ru e Ali by Abida Parveen - all tracks grayed out

Ru e Ali by Abida Parveen - all tracks grayed out

Hello

I am trying to play the Album "Ru E Ali" by Abida Parveen, but all tracks are grayed out. What can I do?

Spotify – Ru E Ali

Grateful for any help

5 Replies

Hey @jacobacci,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

This type of issue usually happens when the content was recently removed. Keep in mind that the content we have varies over time and between countries, depending on permissions from artists, producers and rights holders. We'd love to have all the music and podcasts in the world on our platform, and hopefully we'll achieve that someday.

We apologize if this could cause any inconvenience, but stay tuned, because we add new content every day, so if you can't find something right now, it may reappear soon.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

Cheers.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Oscar

Hi @OscarDC

I can understand that albums for which Spotify does not have the rights any more still show up. However "Ru e Ali" has been there for as long as I can remember and it has neither become playable nor was it removed. Yould you possibly check if there is something wrong in the system with this album. After all the album is not that old (2015) and should still be available.

Thanks for looking into this

Hey @jacobacci,

Thanks for getting back to us! 

There are a few more possible reasons as to why a song might show as grayed out and give an error when tried to be played.

It's a good idea to check if these songs you see are marked as Explicit and if you have that type of content filtered off. You can read more about that here.

It's also possible that the songs were marked as "Don't play this'' at some point - and if that's the case you can follow the steps here to unmark them.

Hope this helps. 

LyubkaModerator

Thanks @Lyubka

I did both the steps you suggested, but unfortunately they did not make any difference. Is there anyone at Spotify who could investigate why these tracks do not play?

If the CD of this album were available, I would simply purchase that, but unfortunately it is not available any more anywhere

Hi there @jacobacci,

Checking on our end, this album seems to really no longer be available, so what @OscarDC said is correct. Here's to hoping that whatever the issue is gets resolved and the album can be added back.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts