Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

SPOTIFY KEEPS REMOVING SONGS FROM MY PLAYLISTS, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE STILL ON THE SERVER!!!!!!!

SPOTIFY KEEPS REMOVING SONGS FROM MY PLAYLISTS, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE STILL ON THE SERVER!!!!!!!

STOP IT! It's IRRITATING as **bleep** when I'm consistently paying for this membership, and I continually find songs disappearing off my playlists, while they are still available on Spotify. Spotify keeps pushing certain artists. I see this with the artists Spotify chooses to be represented if you choose to link it with Tinder. You can only choose from specific artists Spotify chooses for you that you listen to to be represented on your Tinder profile. And these are the artists that keep popping up while on Shuffle. Even though I have thousands of songs saved from hundreds of artists, certain artists keep popping up over and over and over again, and many times I hear the same artist a couple of times in a row when I set it to Shuffle on all my saved "Songs". This never used to be an issue. But now that we're hooked into the service, with no other competing services, Spotify does only what it wants and doesn't give a sh*t about what paying members want, knowing we as consumers don't have a substantiated choice in this monopoly. I know for a fact I saved these particular songs on specific playlists, and over time they're just gone off the playlists. After all the time and effort I put into organizing my playlists, and the money I'm spending for the service, THESE THINGS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING. I've also sent emails to them for errors in song titles and corrupted tracks posted, yet nothing was ever done to correct these errors, since they aren't pop songs that they really care about, despite them claiming in their automated replies to me that they truly care about these issues and will immediately address them. Big middle finger to yet another big corporation that ultimately doesn't give a sh*t about its consumers, only for the fact that the consumers are left with little option but to keep pumping the corporation/ monopoly with pockets full of money.
54 Replies

like I said they suck and I wish some other company would come in and bury spotify

trouble is spotify doesn't care they rake in tons of money only to screw us the bread and butter to them a-holes

The problem with Spotify is they put a lot of music out before they had permission to do so. Now the owners want their share. Spotify was collecting our money for stolen music. Now after everyone has built their play lists Spotify got caught and started destroying everyones play lists. We should have some reimburstment for all the time we spent to build our lists, but I am sure we will never see that.

I discovered songs were missing from my liked list when I just checked my end-of-the-year most listened list. A third of that list was somehow missing and I had to re-like/heart them. I really have the sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with the license of those songs (or albums). In settings you can enable the option to keep songs that have expired licenses in your lists but they will be greyed out but unlistenable. It might be that they get deleted when licenses are renewed or something in that vain.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you're having troubles finding content you've saved in the app, we'd recommend trying the steps provided in this support site article

Keep in mind that while we want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, availability on tracks can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders. 

However, we add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, hopefully it will reappear soon.

In the meanwhile, if you have the file of a track that isn't currently available, you can use the Spotify app to play it and add it in your playlists. There's more info on how to do this here.

Hope this helps clears things up but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

The solution is do not acquire music until you have the rights to use it.  Just like Brian Ferry---You nearly wiped out my whole playlist. That is lame. Where couldn't you bargain more before you pulled it. No biggie to me because I have the complete collection on CD. It's just the point.  It takes hours to put a good playlist and you just yank songs in seconds. What about our rights. We are paying to listen to our choices. It's not fair and bad business. 

Hey again @killing62,

Thanks for getting back in touch with this!

Keep in mind that tracks are added on Spotify by the artists themselves - there's more info on getting music on Spotify here.

If you've saved tracks on a playlist but they show up grayed out, it's possible that licensing agreements with the artist/labels, or ownership of rights, has changed since you added them to your playlist.

In that case, if you have the files saved locally as you mentioned, you can add them on Spotify with the steps here and update your playlist. 

On another note, you could consider adding your +VOTE and feedback in this idea about receiving a warning when a track is removed from Spotify. For more info on how ideas get implemented, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

Hope this is helpful 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I completely stopped using the shuffle options , the only reliable shuffle options(if they dont remove my songs from playlist), is to sort you rplaylist on alphabetic song title order en then play them in normal mode not shuffle, your stuck on the same letter, but at least its shuffling your artists en you get to hear every song you  put on 

It's great to hear that this is not just me experiencing this problem, but not great to hear that this was posted almost 3 years ago and I'm still having this issue. The faulty shuffle doesn't bother me too much but it is still annoying but I keep seeing the number of songs on my playlist dropping every other day or so. And it doesn't seem to be random but it takes off the same songs so often. I have added No One Knows by Queens of the Stone Age and 21 Guns by Green Day to my playlist at least 5 times each. I thought it could be that my playlist is too big because it kept dropping to a similar amount but apparently I can have up to 10,000 songs on there. I doubt I'll switch from Spotify but I am considering it. I hope this can be resolved so that I don't feel like I'm paying money for a **bleep** service.

Any way we can some sort of list that just tracks and removed from Liked songs?

Are you really enjoying yourselves with removing songs? is it funny? most of the songs i listened to were part of my childhood and were available in Lebanon Casette tapes and even radios! this is annoying as **bleep**

This legit happened to me this morning and I thought I was going insane. All my other songs were still there from Imagine Dragons, Freddie Dredd, and others. But like 5 songs got removed from the start of my playlist. I’m **bleep** !

Just throwing out there that this is still happening. I keep having to re-add songs to playlists because they disappear. Thought I was going crazy but apparently I’m not the only one. 

I’m having the same issue, my Spotify keeps going through the same songs even tho I have 18 hours worth of music in one of my playlist, but the biggest issue is that songs are disappearing from my playlist, for example “Man that sold the world” by nirvana, it’s not been removed from the app but for some reason has disappeared from the playlist twice

Hi @ToxicToaster,

Thanks for posting on the Community. 

In relation to the shuffling issue (playing the same songs despite having several hours of content), we suggest that you visit the post here and add your vote. Any incoming update will be posted there. 

Changing tunes, could you tell us if the songs that are disappearing belong to a collaborative playlist? Also, let us know if this happens with multiple playlists and when logging in with other devices. 

Lastly, send us over the URI of songs that have disappeared in order to check it further along with some screenshots. 

If you need help sharing the URI, visit this link.

We'll be holding up. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I occasionally wonder why I dont hear my favorite songs on my playlist anymore... then I check and they're not even on there. I add them, and a few months later they dissapear again. Its so strange.

Yeah I know. It happens a lot. The whole Neil Young Collection is gone.
This is because Spotify let's politically opinionated people on a Music
server and the artist takes his music off. This is a music server. Take the
political **bleep** off. There's enough political sites out there to handle that
**bleep**. Why can't we have our music in peace?

This is happening to me too. At this rate, I’m about to switch to SoundCloud. In case you weren’t aware Spotify, because you don’t seem to be aware of much these days, that’s very embarrassing for you.

Is this still an issue or was it fixed? I still feel like lot of songs regularly just disappear from my playlists

I have an issue with my playlist. After playing tree times offline it will stop playing. How can I solve this?

Suggested posts