Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

SPOTIFY KEEPS REMOVING SONGS FROM MY PLAYLISTS, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE STILL ON THE SERVER!!!!!!!

SPOTIFY KEEPS REMOVING SONGS FROM MY PLAYLISTS, EVEN WHEN THEY ARE STILL ON THE SERVER!!!!!!!

STOP IT! It's IRRITATING as **bleep** when I'm consistently paying for this membership, and I continually find songs disappearing off my playlists, while they are still available on Spotify. Spotify keeps pushing certain artists. I see this with the artists Spotify chooses to be represented if you choose to link it with Tinder. You can only choose from specific artists Spotify chooses for you that you listen to to be represented on your Tinder profile. And these are the artists that keep popping up while on Shuffle. Even though I have thousands of songs saved from hundreds of artists, certain artists keep popping up over and over and over again, and many times I hear the same artist a couple of times in a row when I set it to Shuffle on all my saved "Songs". This never used to be an issue. But now that we're hooked into the service, with no other competing services, Spotify does only what it wants and doesn't give a sh*t about what paying members want, knowing we as consumers don't have a substantiated choice in this monopoly. I know for a fact I saved these particular songs on specific playlists, and over time they're just gone off the playlists. After all the time and effort I put into organizing my playlists, and the money I'm spending for the service, THESE THINGS SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING. I've also sent emails to them for errors in song titles and corrupted tracks posted, yet nothing was ever done to correct these errors, since they aren't pop songs that they really care about, despite them claiming in their automated replies to me that they truly care about these issues and will immediately address them. Big middle finger to yet another big corporation that ultimately doesn't give a sh*t about its consumers, only for the fact that the consumers are left with little option but to keep pumping the corporation/ monopoly with pockets full of money.
54 Replies

Good morning.

My playlist will only play 3 times offline and then stop playing. I have to  restart my phone to play offline. How can I solve this issue?

Good morning. 

My playlist stops after playing 3 times offline. I have to restart my phone to play offline and after 3 times it will stop again. How can I solve this?

hi there is a glitch that makes me keep adding songs to playlists twice. ive been going through artists checking that songs have been added to that playlist but then the green tick isnt beside any of my playlists that i KNOW the song was it. for example, midnight city by m83, i added it ages ago and then JUST added it to my playlist again because it was saying i hadnt added it yet but then i scroll up in the same playlist and its there? makes no sense to me

2023 and this is still happening. Songs being randomly removed from playlists and songs being duplicated due to the green tick not showing. As if this thread has been going since 2017 with no help from Spotify. 

I have decided to move to Apple Music.

I thoroughly enjoy how I am having this problem, so I Google search it and find this thread. It's Christmas of 2023, you claimed it was being looked into back in 2017, and**bleep** is STILL happening. I got my 2023 wrapped of my most played songs all year, and a majority of my songs on that were not even in my playlist any.

2024 and available songs still randomly dropping off play lists.  Spotify makes no effort to resolve or even let paying customers know what was deleted.  Since this issue has been going on for 5+ years it clearly is either intentional or management is incompetent.  To make matters worse, YTD the order of the songs in my primarily playlist now change from one day to the next.  The first song I ever saved years ago somehow moved within my playlist and was replaced with a song I saved 6 months ago.   Then 2 days later, that song entirely dropped off my playlist?  I came to this site wondering if my account was hacked.  Nope, it is apparently Spotify ruining their product.  

You're absolutely right!! This **bleep**ing company is full**bleep**. They did the same thing to me, and then suggested I should ask the crapify community for help. What a **bleep**ing joke!!!!!!!! When microsoft told me to go get help from the ms community I filled a lawsuit. I  was really looking forward to telling them off in court and exposing all their lies about the Bitlocker encryption key and not being able to help. They can, and they do activate the bitlocker encryption program all the time! Especially when they sneak into your PC and do a "software update." So I filed in small claims court because attorneys aren't allowed to represent anyone. Even a company like ms. But they settled immediately and forced my hand with cash and a new laptop. 

I recently had half of one of my Playlists disappear. I will never be able to remember all of the songs or artists. So now there just gone. It's happening on another one of my Playlists & it's super frustrating. Is there anything that can be done so I don't lose more?

>From what I understand from a reply from a Spotify representative is that
sometimes the artists sell the rights to their music to people that do not
have a contract with Spotify. So until the new owners become members the
music is pulled off and sometimes it is never applied again. Sometimes the
artists themselves pull their music off the contract like NEIL YOUNG did.
It's frustrating, I know.

I am indicating that songs never removed from Spotify servers are being
arbitrarily removed from playlists. This is not the neil young issue of
songs being removed from Spotify servers. Why is this service regressing
instead of improving over time?

It is f*ck!ng 2024 and STILL THE SAME ISSUE!! Fix it Spotify. You have all the people paying for your service. 

You give zero solutions and do nothing as customer service and support. 

7 YEARS!!! 

Songs come in in my “recommended” Or “Songs like” When they’ve BEEN in my playlist already, for years! 
Im frustrated and so is everyone else here in this forum. Do Better and fix this damn issue! 

Songs I have loved for years and had in my collective playlist that is NOT collaborative, are randomly being removed. 

The only solution is for people to dump Spotify and use a competitor. This
may force Spotify to comply or go out of business.

This is still f*cking happening.

I do have that same issue.

My liked songs playlist was about 1500+ songs big and last week it was back at 1200-something and I found many songs that are still on spotify but were just removed from the list and this is something that's happening on a regular basis.
That's just not ok. In no case is this ok.

Everyone puts work in finding their favourite songs, just to see that these songs just disappear from playlists.

If this keeps going I'm gonna start listening to my music on youtube music. I really don't like that service but at least my songs don't disappear (unless they're actually deleted).

This issue is again happening to me. I have couple of playlist were the songs are removed and download removed from my device. I just realised this today as I noticed few favourite songs removed from my playlists but still playable on Spotify, I just noticed them in Spotify generated playlist "Your Summer R ans Rewind" and such playlist were I noticed them been removed and even removed as downloaded song as my I download some of my paylists...

Suggested posts