Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Saga's first album from 1978 available in different countries

Saga's first album from 1978 available in different countries

I recently found out that it is available in Germany, but not in Finland and Norway. Why is it so?

Attached picture shows that a user in Germany or a German customer can access this album.

FB_IMG_1613933821664.jpg
6 Replies

Hey @Samson71973, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Spotify wants all the world’s music and podcasts available, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on the permissions from rights holders.

More info about this can be found here.

Hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

1. Thanks! Does it mean that a German customer which is having access to this album in Germany will not be able to play this album when he is visiting Norway or Finland? Or does a German customer have access to it all of the world as long as he is a German customer?

Hi there @Samson71973,

Thanks for your question.

Song/album availability differs in different countries. This is due to licensing factors - so for example, some copyright holders might not allow their music to be streamed in certain countries, which will make it unavailable there.

If you're visiting another country and have a Premium Spotify account, you'll still have access to the content available in the the market of your original country. If you're on Spotify free - you'll have to change the country of your account after 14 days to the country in which you're currently at to keep listening to music. 

We'd like to have all songs and albums that the artists release available for everyone, but this is not always possible. What you can do is fill out this form to register your interest in having Saga 1978 made available in your region.

Hope this clears things up 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks! So if I have a German account I can visit Norway (my country) and have access? 🙂

Hey @Samson71973,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

If you're visiting another country, the content availability is going to be based on the market of your original country. 

As @Alex mentioned you can also click here and fill out the form with your request.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi again! 😊 I see that the two first songs are now available. When will the rest of the album be available?

Suggested posts