Announcements

Screen layout changed. How do I change it back? (Galaxy Tab)

Highlighted

Screen layout changed. How do I change it back? (Galaxy Tab)

Visitor

The play button used to be in the middle, in a large panel. Now it's on the left in a small panel. 

Can I change it back?

Thx

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Screen layout changed. How do I change it back? (Galaxy Tab)

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

Hey @ezy-e, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you attach a screenshot of what you’re seeing, and let me know what device this happens on, as well as the software version?

Can you let me know if this happened when you updated your Spotify app? Also, let me know if this happens on another similar device.

Keep me posted!  

Billy-JRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I have this problem too. Also the Status-bar now overlaps a little the spotifys search button.
I have Avinusa for BMW unit: https://avinusa.com/8-8-multimedia-navigation-system-for-bmw-3-series-e90-e91-e92-e93.html
Problem appeared after updating the app a while ago.

Highlighted

Me too. Put it back to the bottom, or at least give us the option, buttons are too close together and home button is under notification bar. Device  is Joying intel head unit running Android 8.1.

15981239828289032526535344473864.jpg

Highlighted

I see there is no solution I see there has there been no follow-up. I have been a Spotify Premium user for several years now. The layout changed and I don't like it change it back.
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Still the same, I have updated the app several times now and and every time there's a new update I cross my fingers to only find that the problem still occurs.
I wonder whether Spotify is aware of this bug or not.

Highlighted

Visitor
Hey
i've installed the app on a new samsung A2 tablet. the status bar is hanging, and the "new layout" with the small left side does not work properly... it would be very nice if we have the option to change the layout from old to new and back... but, once again, something with the new layout is wrong...
we are 5 people using the same tablet, each with different username/pwd. 3 of us have the new layout, 2 of us have the old layout (most of time, but sometimes the new layout appears... then after a restart, the old layout comes back..) very strange...
SUGGESTED POSTS