Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Shuffle only plays part of playlist

Shuffle only plays part of playlist

I use the web player on Windows 10, and have encountered this on both Chrome on Firefox.

If I play a playlist on shuffle, it will only cycle through the first fraction of the playlist. Based on other threads I've seen, I think it's only playing the first 100 songs. If I go to an artist's page and play all of their songs on shuffle, it will do the same, only playing songs from their first couple of albums. If I manually scroll down a playlist of mine and force it to play a song after the first 100, it will then only shuffle songs in that section of the playlist. 

This has been going on for a couple of weeks, and really needs to be fixed.

4 Replies

I have the same problem, and it is driving me nuts! Except for me it only plays about 20 tracks when I start mid-playlist. I hope they fix this fast! 

PS: I have this problem in the Android app, as well as in Spotify for Windows (downloaded program).

I suffer from the same problem! It is annoying because I want to listen to a variety of songs and specifically not the ones clustered together, then I would simply use a specific playlist. Please fix this quickly Spotify!

Above comment was dated 2017.  I'm having this same problem April 2023.  Where can I find a fix for this?

Hey @Alan13911,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation. 

This type of issue is commonly related to some damaged cache stored on your device. In this case, we'd first recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a quick one and can be helpful in getting rid of any cache that might be causing trouble.

If the issue persists, make sure you don't have the repeat button  activated (OscarDC_1-1682459658226.pngto avoid repeating songs within the playlists when your playback is in shuffle mode. If the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts