Shutting down Line-In

8 people liked this

Shutting down Line-In

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Spotify Line-In users.

We’re here to announce that we’ve made the difficult decision to shut down Line-In.

We want to personally thank you for all of your help and hard work on this project, as we’ve gained some very valuable insights.

Community input is something we truly value at Spotify so we will keep you updated on future initiatives here in the Community.

Thank you,
The Line-In Team

Community Ergo Sum
44 Replies
67 people liked this

Re: Shutting down Line-In

ParentalControl
Roadie

Sad. I've been useing this a lot to flag innopropriate content in spotify and to correct metadata. You guys have a lot of errors for artists. Lot of bootleg albums out there taking credit for stuff that doesn't belong to them.

30 people liked this

jshatan
Regular

Yeah that's a darn shame. Nearly every week I get incorrect artists in my Release Radar due to the lousy metadata and I was excited about being able to do something about it directly.

22 people liked this

MidnightRuby
Regular

So how are we supposed to correct it when you put albums on the wrong artist? I have seen three cases of this recently and only one has been fixed. 

26 people liked this

cutout
Casual Listener

The process for reporting incorrect info on Spotify is just maddening.

Line-in is now gone.

There is no UI in the app alongside the incorrect project (ex: "Report incorrect info" link)

When you click the "Want to help report metadata errors" post, it gives you "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource"

When you search for the solution via Google, you get routed through a labrinyth of outdated solutions to the problem.

This is a total mess! C'mon Spotify.

20 people liked this

j2niker

This is honestly great news. Now do as literally all your big competitors allow their users to do (Apple Music, Google Music Play), which is to

ALLOW THE USERS THEMSELVES TO CHANGE THEIR METADATA (which only affects their own accounts)!!!!!

8 people liked this

_M-I-K-I_
Roadie

Very sad news. I was very proud to help You, manage ivalid metadata. :/

1 person liked this

RapFiend
Regular

I was glad to help. But Line-In was a failing system.

9 people liked this

Betreff: Shutting down Line-In

chidi9901
Roadie

What a shame. First the beta community was dying slowly over the years (it got more and more in-transparent for beta testers), then voice search being introduced and removed again (for me at least), then the new music player layout never appeared for premium users for whatever reason (only for free users?), then changing the navigation buttons layout (from initially 5 to 3, and now back to 5 again, on Android devices), and now Line-In has been shut down. What's going on? It looks like there are huge problems with project management in Spotify HQ. I read that the next big thing is the Friends Weekly feature. No release date yet, but should I fear that this is also going to fail?

8 people liked this

alansteward
Music Fan

It would be nice if artists were given the opportunity to fix the metadata such a genre in their artist accounts. I personally suffer from a Last.fm hangover where all data was taken over from 8 years ago when I was doing a different music style.

Cheers, Alan

SUGGESTED POSTS