Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Shutting down Line-In

Shutting down Line-In

Hello Spotify Line-In users.

We’re here to announce that we’ve made the difficult decision to shut down Line-In.

We want to personally thank you for all of your help and hard work on this project, as we’ve gained some very valuable insights.

Community input is something we truly value at Spotify so we will keep you updated on future initiatives here in the Community.

Thank you,
The Line-In Team

Community Ergo Sum
53 Replies

Meh, they can't remove a banner even after weeks

It shutdown before I could even have a chance to submit corrections.

A lot of metadata for Korean and Japanese songs are incorrect and neither Spotify or the Artists/Companies care about fixing it. 

You are right. Line-in helped us a lot in improving. But i'm sure that we will come up with something new

So how do we fix metadata now???????? 

We don't. Spotify keeps silently removing features and it's maddening. Any info you find online is outdated as features keep disappearing.

edit: I guess it isn't really highlighted as much as it should be but I answered my own question. You submit edits here for your own stuff: https://artists.spotify.com/contact

Lets bring this feature back in a better way. One that satisfies everyone

A few minor adjustments and we all would have loved it

Darn, I was hoping it was still active. I am trying to resolve some sorting issues of our own. Can anyone suggest alternatives? 

@SR388 commenting above suggests you submit edits here for your own stuff: https://artists.spotify.com/contact

If your sorting issues relates to your own or affiliates music it is probably the best option atm.

Line-in never automatically updated Spotify data. Spotify matched their data retrieval to user feedback from line-in to check how well their system works; to see how accurate their meta-data is. Spotify has over 96 million premium subscribers, yet the line-in community was only a few thousand? The program in itself was obviously too small-scale. Think about it, if this was the only data they are getting, data from a few thousand "active" users who explicitly give feedback, regardless of how much incorrect meta-data exists, the percentage of incorrect songs vs how many songs their are in the system is so small. Meaning, this was helpful to see how much data was incorrect, but that it was not necessarily a project worth pursing. Unfortunately, perfect data is a goal which can seldom be reached, and many may have conflicting views on for example the definition of genres or what specifically an explicit song entails. Whatever user feedback Spotify was given had to also be checked, most likely manually, and they may not have had the staffing to do so if it was not beneficial when looking at the bigger picture (just speculating here). The truth of the matter is that the bigger a system is, the more difficult it is to maintain. Generally speaking, as long as the majority of things run smoothly and the majority of people are happy, then a company is happy. I think it is very unfortunate that line-in was discontinued, but that is just the way the cookie crumbles.

I actually need line in because distro kid created 2 accounts for my page. I need the wrong one removed or I would rather like to remove it myself. pleae help!

Hi Scrip86,

You should contact artist support on the following mail: artistsupport@spotify.com

Present them with your problem and I'm sure they will help you out asap.

Best,
M

Sad

Suggested posts