Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Some albums missing, other's are there

Solved!

Some albums missing, other's are there

Well i just started trying Spotify, as apple music is too buggy on android, so far almost every bit of music i want is there, makes me pretty happy, great first impression. Though there are two albums missing from a band i love.

Band, Avatar

Albums, Black Waltz. and Hail the apocolypse

i'm confused why these albums would be missing when their newest album is avaliable, and all the albums that come before those two

I'm in Canada, if that makes any difference.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Both of those albums appears to be not available in Canada at the moment.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Both of those albums appears to be not available in Canada at the moment.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Is there a possible reason why the rest of the albums would be avaliable, but not these two?

Like I typed above:

I work and do a column for Hard Rock Daddy the online magazine and in the future I will  be writing an article about how Spotify Canada gets the short stick when it comes to CDs from AVATAR and Pretty Reckless and other rock bands . I spoke to some other bands who stated that they had no idea why in Canada their cds were left out of the catalogues. These replies are not solutions and have been going on for a half a year. canada pays the same amount per year as the U.S . They should receive the same music just as in Apple Music where the U.S and Canada receive the same catalogue. To those subscribers who are upset I will deal in a few months from now with this issue in my column at Hard Rock Daddy at the Inferno of Rock Report if things have not improved. Ian Liberman P.S You can start with the Avatar cds which are bugging the **bleep** out of tons of subscribers.

Suggested posts