Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song Radio seems to fall short with holiday music

Song Radio seems to fall short with holiday music

For the rest of the year, the Song Radio feature works beautifully for me when I want to hear music that’s fairly similar or suits a particular mood. Come Christmastime, though, it misses the mark. The selections seem to be based on the artists’ main genre and to ignore the addition of the Christmas genre. Not knowing the details of how songs are selected for any given Radio, I’m surprised that the Spotify programmers haven’t accounted for such situations. Am I alone in this experience? Is there any way in which I, as a listener, can help the system ‘learn’ and improve the next time around?

2 Replies

Hey

please remember that the Spotify radio is based off songs that you have previously listened to, and therefore, if you don’t listen to much Christmas music, then a radio will not be created for it.

however, if I am wrong, then there are lots of playlist that have Christmas songs

hope this helps

lauren💖

Once again, Spotify drops the ball with Christmas music with respect to song and album radios. It does so very well with all other music; why do its algorithms not work with genre and style in this category? Someone attempted to give me an answer before, but it can’t have been true; I can pick any random artist, album, or song that is new to me and find a corresponding Spotify radio for it. But for Christmas music? Nope. Something’s fishy here ...

Suggested posts