Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song Unavailable

Song Unavailable

Country

Netherlands

My Question or Issue

I have this song in my playlist which I could listen to till yesterday, but when I checked this day I could no longer play it because it is unavailable.

Did it change out of nowhere?

12 Replies

Hey @famschil,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

If the tracks are greyed out, it means that they’re currently unavailable in your country. Availability of music can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels; therefore, content sometimes isn't available right away.

Spotify is constantly working to add new content to the platform so hopefully your favorite music will be (back) up soon.

In the meantime, you can import local files to your Spotify library if you have this music as files on your computer.

Hope this info is useful. Take care!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

can you explain why 007 and counting" by John Barry is now missing from my playlist please??? i think its absolutely pathetic. how much money are you people (Spotify) being paid by us users each month??? and you cant come to an agreement to keep a 55 year old obscure track like "007 and counting" by John Barry??? why couldnt you just offer them what they wanted??

id like an explanation and when will it be back on my list?

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The availability of songs on Spotify is mostly governed by the rights holders of the songs. Due to different reasons songs may sometimes become unavailable. We don't know the exact reasons for the mentioned song as this is beyond the scope of our capabilities. If you want to see a certain song back on Spotify, we encourage you to contact the distributing label and ask for more info.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Het nummer staat wel op my plalist maar is zwak afgedrukt. Hoe kan ik het nummer toch op mijn lijst krijgen en afspelen

Why is the song “God Damn Lie” by Finding Novyon, Angelo Bombay, etc. appearing on Spotify, able to be saved and downloaded, but not played? When anyone clicks the play button a notification appears that the song is unavailable. It’s playing on all other streaming platforms. 

Hey @CaliSotaSounds ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Are you able to play the song with a different account or on a different device? What's the current device you're using? We need the brand/model and operating system.

Are Spotify users in your vicinity able to play the song?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Dear friends, this is the third time that I've tried to search for a song and isn’t on the Spotify platform but the stranger thing is that when I looked in the free YouTube Music platform there were all available. 

This causes me great disappointment because I have had my account open practically since the platform was launched and surprisingly in a free account it has songs that are not on Spotify .. I am seriously thinking about subscribing to YouTube Music

Mine too. Most of the music I listen to is in other languages. This is why I pay for the subscription (premium family). There's only about 1/3 left of one of my playlists.  I don't understand why that's changes. Is this temporary?  If not I will need to find another music place that has all my music not just English and or US(where I currently reside)

Hey @Norasalem3,

Sorry to see this has happened!
Music availability on Spotify can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels.  That is why sometimes certain content isn't available.

Spotify is constantly working to add new content to the platform though, so hopefully the songs you're currently missing will soon get re-uploaded. 
In the meantime, you can always import your local files to your Spotify library if you have this music as files on your computer or mobile device!

Tip: If a song gets re-uploaded to Spotify, it receives a new unique identifier and is considered a new song, different from the previous upload of it. 
This means that your missing songs will not automatically get replaced in your playlists but they might already be on the platform again; it may be worth taking a look via search!

Hope this helps! We're here for you if anything else comes up 🙂

VasilModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

When I try to play Heaven pierce her order it was grayed out why was that and if you know what country it's in I probably get a vpn

I have this song on my play list it’s called 5th tot he sev I’ve been listening to it for over a year but few months ago it suddenly went unavailable as well as a couple of other drill songs such as eos by yagi b and I’m wondering if I can listen to it again 

Some days after I downloaded some songs, they suddenly appear unavailable. Why??

Suggested posts