Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song disappeared

Solved!

Song disappeared

Does Spotify remove songs from playlists? I had a song on my playlist now it is gone. Also, I searched for it again on Spotify and it no longer appears. They they remove songs or artists from their site for some reason? A little frustrating.
23 Replies

This response is out of date.

In the current Spotify desktop app (Nov. 2017) the option is labeled "Show unavailable songs in playlists", under the "Display Options" heading within "Settings".

However, this option does not appear to work. The missing songs do not appear as expected (required).

All my songs from the play list disappered, I mean all, not a single one or two! Please help how to retrieve it. 

Wow, that's rough. Were the enties removed from the playlist, or have they been hidden? For me, the songs are unavailable, but they are still visible in the playlist, if I change that option to display hidden items. They are very dim, almost impossble to read, but I could make them out, then search for other versions of the song, or for other songs and albums by the same artist. It might be helpful in future to jot down the song title and artist of those you especially like as a backup. That would actully be a great feature for Spotify to add; a way to export a playlist as a text document.

Best of luck.

I pay for this service, and not little money. If I bought a CD I would OWN the music, I love music and I dont want my playlist to disappear slowly over my lifetime. I paid for my product so the least you could do is make a PERSONAL list for everyone of your users informing them on which songs from their playlists you lost the rights to broadcoast them. 

This policy is making me long back to the (illegal) downloading!!! With a pain in my heart I have to say goodbye to songs I really like. Comon spotify, you can do better than that! Let me keep what I love!!!

Suggested posts