Song has disappeared or replaced by a different version - This song is not available

Song has disappeared or replaced by a different version - This song is not available

worboyz10

I was listening to Rameses B - Timeless (ft. Veela) but it was not a drum and bass version. I loved it, added it to all my own playlists and now its not there. So I looked it up and added it again but this time it is not the same version I was really liking. Seems as if it never existed and I am losing my mind because its not on YouTube either. I sent it to a friend in WhatsApp and when you click that link to the original song (the one I liked) it says "This song is not available". So confirmation at least I am not going crazy, can someone explain to me why this happened? Was it just a preview? Was it uploaded by mistake? 

Thanks in advance.

49312073_613640879069254_4496317226852286464_n.jpg
49759052_290414878326902_454794224412393472_n.jpg
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Song has disappeared or replaced by a different version - This song is not available

htzo
Composer

Must be some behind the scenes artist/label business.

I guess you could download then upload the song as a Local File in the meanwhile?

Re: Song has disappeared or replaced by a different version - This song is not available

Rising Star 13 katiek_
Rising Star 13

Hi there, 

I don't exactly know what exactly happened, but I can say that sometimes Spotify has diffrent versions or diffrent songs by artists. It is completely normal on Spotify to have a song that is not avalible to play anymore, and mostly is an agreement between spotify and the artist/record label for what music they want to be played, or what songs they don't want to be played (or sometimes they loose the rights to the song.) For example, I had Strawberries and Ciggarettes by Troye Sivian on one of my playlists, but now it is unplayable. 

Hope this helps! 

katiek_Rising Star 13
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
SUGGESTED POSTS