Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song in playlist changed to another release of the song

Song in playlist changed to another release of the song

In my playlist I had the live version of the song "Ai se eu te pego!" by Michel Telo, when all of a sudden the song was replaced by a studio recording that to me just wasn't as good as the live recording. I had to go to some trouble to remove the studio recording and searching and adding the live version again. Then a couple of weeks later another song just changed from one recording version to another one. I don't know why you would do this, as I go to some trouble to find the recording that I like most. I'm not enthousiastic about this automatic swapping of one recording of a song to another one. The least you could do is to notify me beforehand if a certain version of a song will be taken out of the playlist and then give me the option if I want it automatically replaced by another version.

2 Replies

Hallo,

es könnte gut möglich sein dass die Songs allgemein durch andere ersetzt wurden, dass war bei mir auch schon mal der Fall außerdem könnte es aber sein dass die Songs sehr strenge "Richtlinien" haben und sie deshalb öfters ersetzt werden.

LG

Hey there @JohnTerburg and @alikemerton

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

Spotify works hard to constantly add music to its content database. We want all the world’s music and podcasts on Spotify, but availability can vary over time and between countries, depending on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels.

We add new content to Spotify every day, so if you can’t find something you’re looking for right now, it may appear (or reappear) soon. Alternatively, you can always contact the artist or record label with your query as well.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

Suggested posts