Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song is missing parts

Song is missing parts

What happens when a song on Spotify isn't the whole song, or there is just an issue with the song on Spotify's side? Up & Down & Back Again from the album Odyssey Number Five by Powderfinger is missing the last 5 seconds. https://youtu.be/PnzP9jCK1AI spotify:track:3lInojJB1Opg23oDaI3Nds Theres not anything important, but the cutoff just messes up the flow and it's annoying. If someone can please fix this, that'd be great! It's my favourite song in the album btw.

2 Replies

Haha! You're right, the song ended abruptly, there should be a guitar ring at the end. I checked the song from youtube and spotify and there's seems to be a problem on how the artist uploaded their song in Spotify. If they have a twitter account, you can tweet out to them your concern. Maybe they're unaware. Hope this helps 🙂

If this is a solution to your problem, please accept is as a solution.

If you like my comment, please add a like. 

@then114

Hello:

Here is a method to report issues with music provided to the Spotify service in general. You might also provide the Youtube vid to show what the issue is. This might just be a simple label or media provider encoding issue with regards to the track itself. 

How to report playback issues:

If you've seen either

- a track, album, or artist in our catalogue with incorrect information (i.e. wrong release year, misspelling, etc.)

- different artists in the same Artist Page

- incorrect cover arts

- incorrect artists biography

or

- a track or album that isn't playing correctly (i.e. a song only playing one second of music)

Then you can report the error using the Contact Form. Once there, perform the following steps:

Step 1: Click on "I want to report a broken song or wrong song information".
Step 2: Click on the Green Button that reads "I STILL NEED HELP".
Step 3: Copy and Paste the track URI links to the songs into the field that reads "Song URI".
Step 4: Type up a description of the track issues in the "Tell us more" field.
Step 5: Click on the green button "SEND QUESTION".
Be sure to include all Spotify URI's in the body of the message!

After contacting Customer Support, you should receive an automated response from Spotify. The tracks will then be aggregated and reported to the content provider. Customer Support will update their database with the correct information as soon as the label or aggregator has sent Spotify an update with the correct data.

Suggested posts