Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Song listed under wrong artist

Song listed under wrong artist

My name is Terra. I have sent my first official single, through Tunecore, to the Spotify library. It just dropped an hour ago. When I click on the 'Go to Artist' option in the song's options, I am sent to an entirely different artist(s) with the same name. The song is called Deken. Is it possible to get this fixed?

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 00.18.11.png
6 Replies

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Congrulations on your first single! Thats and AWESOME achievement! There is a solution to this. Follow these steps...

1) When you have Spotify open, hover your mouse over the song. You will then see 3 dots on the right side next to the total song time.

2) Click on the 3 dots and click on "Suggest an Edit" 

3) You will then have a screen pop up and it will give you the full details of the Artist, Composer, Producer etc

4)Next hover your mouse over the names and you will then see a pencil symbol. 

5) Then you click on there and it will allow you to suggest the edit and then submit.

I hope this solves your problem.

Happy Listening

Keanu

If this is a good answer please give it a Like.

If this solves your problem please mark it as Solved.

Welcome to the Spotify Community

Congratulations on your first offical single! What an AWESOME achievement!

There is a way to solve the problem that you are having. All you got to do is follow these steps...

1) First Open up Spotify and hover your mouse over the song that has the issue.

2) When you hover your mouse over the song you will see 3 dots on the right side. Left of the total song time.

3) Click on the 3 dots and you will see on the bottom "Suggest an Edit". Click on that.

4) When you have click on it, it will bring pop up a screen. There you will find Artist, Composer, Producer and etc..

5) Hover your mouse over whatever needs to be changed. When you do that you will see a pencil symbol. 

6) Now all you got to do is Edit what needs to be changed and Submit!

I hope this works out for you and again congratulations on your first official single!

Happy Listening!

Keanu_C

I tried this way but I end up at a screen that says it cannot find the song (see attachments)

I really need this fixed, as well as the people who have invested in my brand.

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 09.59.31.png

Interesting... There is another way and that is by contacting Spotify. What you need to do is by going to (  https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/  ) and click on "Report an offensive or broken track/album". Then click on "I Still Need Help" and fill out the form that is on there. Spotify team is quite quick on responding. 

Hopefully this helps..

Keanu_C

I will try to do so. I have checked other threads to see possible solutions but those do not work either.

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 10.34.40.png

Remove the ?si=97 off the end of the link and it should work. 

Suggested posts