Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs Missing from Playlist

Solved!

Songs Missing from Playlist

I recently noticed that one of my playlists titled ❤️ had a lot of music missing from it. Is there any way to recover the missing music on it? I didnt delete or edit the playlist in any way and im not sure when exactly the songs were missing

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @scwewywabbit ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you could get in touch with the support team directly using the online contact form they should be able to restore those for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @mayralena 🙂 

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Playback > Untick Hide Unplayable Tracks, can you then see them? 

Peter

Peter

No the thing is that they aren't unplayable the songs i had on there just dissapeared. The reason why it concerns me is because the songs mean a lot to me but theyre really old and i cant remember their names

If you fill in the form on the playlist recovery topic (3rd bullet point) a member of the Spotify team can try to restore them for you 🙂 

Peter

Peter

Hi there, good to hear I'm not the only one / going crazy.

I have a playlist where all the songs suddenly disappeared- the playlist is still there but none of the songs are showing up, and there were probably a hundred songs in there.

The Playlist Recovery tool doesn't work because the playlist hasn't actually been deleted. Any tips on what I could do?

Also, a Playlist Save / Export / Import would be pretty great...

Marked as solution

Hey @scwewywabbit ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If you could get in touch with the support team directly using the online contact form they should be able to restore those for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

thanks for the quick reply! I'll try that out

Hi,

Did this work for you?
Because I've lost over 7,000 songs from one of my playlists so I kind of desperately need help... 😞

Thanks

they were able to restore everything! too bad there isn't any management interface built in for users

Oh that's really good, I'm glad you got it back.
I just got a reply back and they seemed to fix it for me too which is really really good!! Thank you for helping 🙂

It would be a good idea if we were able to manage something like that for ourselves too though, I think. 🙂

i seem to have lost around half the songs from my playlist as well, how do you recover them? and it is frustrating trying to get the online form since it is not in english, i have been trying to access it through my mobile browser.

Okay but could you also fix whatever keeps causing playable songs to disappear from playlists? I save them because my memory sucks and this is kind of a glaring flaw. No offense and no hate to any individuals, just as a company this should've been solved as soon as it came to your attention. 

+1 

I am also often find missing songs in my playlists. 

Many songs grey out and become no playable. Others just dissapear from the playlist. Unselecting in the setting menú "hide non playable songs" does not help.

About the greyed songs, it is happening over songs that Spotify seems to hold the rights in my country, because I can add them back to the playlist.

I take a lot of effort on mounting my playlists, and this is very frustating. 

At the beggining I tought this was an isolated case in just one playlist, but it keeps happening. 

Suggested posts