Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs Removed? or not showing up anymore?

Solved!

Songs Removed? or not showing up anymore?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy A20, My desktop PC and the web app.

Operating System

Android and Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have just noticed that 9 songs are now not available on an album I like. Thank you Happy Birthday by Cage The Elephant. I've had these songs on my playlist for years now and its an old album but now the 9 songs wont play and say spotify can't play this right now. It will play the first 1 sec of the song if i double tap on it to play but then stops. When i look at the album the 9 songs are greyed out. I was listening to 1 of the removed songs about 1 week ago. I just want to know if they have removed these songs for any reason or if it just a glitch?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @hi-smith_98

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

First thing you can try here to check if this is app-related is running a clean reinstall of Spotify on your device. This removes any corrupted data from previous installations and gets you the latest app version with all necessary updates. Make sure you restart your device after the clean reinstall as well. 

If you still see the tracks as greyed out after the clean reinstall it's possible that this content is no longer available in your region. Availability can vary over time and between countries and depends on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels. In such a case we can suggest contacting the artist or record label with your query or making use of the local files feature. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @hi-smith_98

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

First thing you can try here to check if this is app-related is running a clean reinstall of Spotify on your device. This removes any corrupted data from previous installations and gets you the latest app version with all necessary updates. Make sure you restart your device after the clean reinstall as well. 

If you still see the tracks as greyed out after the clean reinstall it's possible that this content is no longer available in your region. Availability can vary over time and between countries and depends on agreements between Spotify and rights holders, such as artists or record labels. In such a case we can suggest contacting the artist or record label with your query or making use of the local files feature. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

I have seen a few people on reddit have the same issue and in different regions so i imagine that it is something to do with the record label etc. Hopefully whatever is going on will get resolved soon. Thanks for the help.

Suggested posts