Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs cut off early on a specific album?

Solved!

Songs cut off early on a specific album?

Modest Mouse's The Moon and Antarctica was recently reuploaded onto Spotify, but for some reason, some of the songs cut off early?

They're supposed to play seamlessly from one to the next, but for some reason they cut off the songs way too early?

Is there any reason for that?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @ChalkyChelsea,

As all changes to an artist music are adjusted only to their requests the band or the record label are probably responsable for the changes you're hearing.

I guess the best way knowing is by asking them 😃

View solution in original post

3 Replies

thanks for posting in the community !

First let me say i'm a huge Modest Mouse fan and was very glad to see that the album was reuploaded to the app.

I've been listening to the album flowlesly and is sounds very odd to hear you're having the songs cut-off in the middle.

Let me gather some more info so i can try and help:

- Have you tried listening to it on a different device ?

- Have you tried a different WiFi or internet connection ?

Waiting on your update so we can move forward and figure out the reason of this to happen 😃

1. Yes, I've opened it on both my laptop app and my phone app.

2. Yeah, i've tried it on my university's wifi and my phone's cellular service. Same result.

3. They don't cut off in the middle.

They cut off just slightly too early at the end of these songs:

Perfect Disguise - (In the usual version, there's about 5-10 seconds of a car revving followed up by a bass introducing the next song.)

Tiny Cities Made of Ashes - (At the end of the song there's a short melody featuring guitars being played in reverse, that's not there either.)

A Different City - (At the end of this song, there's an excerpt from another one of their songs, Three Inch Horses, Two Faced Monsters.)

I had the original CD when I was younger, so hearing these changes are really jarring for me.  Is this on purpose? Did the band have this album pulled off to make these specific changes?

Marked as solution

As all changes to an artist music are adjusted only to their requests the band or the record label are probably responsable for the changes you're hearing.

I guess the best way knowing is by asking them 😃

Suggested posts