Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs disappear from playlist

Songs disappear from playlist

Hello!
I had a problem on this weekend, when i figured out that some russian songs was disappeared from my playlist. I am Premium user and i have listened them many times, but now when i wanted to listen them, they just wasn't there anymore. Why can it be?
Songs was:
Miyagi - I got love
Gazirovka - Black

Thank you!

10 Replies

Hey @anestezy24! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Spotify wants all the world’s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements can’t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

However, please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you can’t find an artist you’re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact the artist or their label to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

Peace

Hey @anestezy24

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

The songs/albums will still be shown in your playlists so you can keep track of them, but they will be greyed out and unplayable. Make sure to go in settings and check for the setting that shows unavailable songs.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This is a huge problem. I've just noticed that LOADS of songs - that ARE still available on Spotify - have been removed from my playlists. I have created - over TEN years - 116 Artist playlists that I have painstakingly curated. Some more obscure artists - but many of them are BIG artists (ie David Bowie, A Tribe Called Quest, Talking Heads etc. I'd say across these 116 playlists, there must be over 3000 songs - I'd say at least HALF of the songs are gone. Some artists entirely empty (Guided By Voices for example). 

Now, I happen to work in the industry so I understand meatdata (specifically track ISRCs) can cause this - but I simply don't believe every major and major indie has messed up and changed all their ISRCs on major artists tracks. 

This is a HUGE problem for me. 10 years worth of curation. 

What is going on here?

I'm with everyone on here and completely agreed.

It's a very confusing thing to some of you but the truth is...

The greyed out concept is not because they are being lazy, careless or mysterious.

Here is a copy-pasted explanation found on Google

*source is provided below for copyright needs

"The greyed out tracks just mean that for whatever reason, they are unavailable in your country. This could be due to licensing or the request of the record label or artist. Unfortunately, this is something that Spotify doesn't have control over as it is up to the individual music companies."

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/Greyed-out-songs/td-p/1193163

I know it's weird and it's a little irritating for me and the greyed out song concept too, maybe they're just thinking about adding the songs back? Maybe, maybe not.

the thing is - at least in the case I posted - the songs ARE on Spotify. They just moved out of my playlist. Again, change of track ISRC would cause this, but I don't believe that is actually what's causing this because distributors know how to handle these to not lose playlisting/play counts etc.

quite honestly, it's super fishy.

I have this exact same problem. Just contacted the team. Will reply if solution found.

Exactly the same problem here as well.

They replied and was very attentive, unfortunately the problem still persisted. 

The crazy thing is that you can get some songs by an artist but not others, even though its the same artist. I've noticed that often times the songs lost on Spotify are still available on YouTube, even though You tube doesn't have the same quality of recordings. I'm starting to notice quite a few hols in Spotify of recent. Its a pity because I love Spotify otherwise.

I have the same problem. The songs are still on Spotify and if I search for them, I can still see that I "liked" them, but when I search for them in my "Liked songs" playlist, they do not show up. And I feel like it's getting worse with time. It's super annoying. 

Suggested posts