Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs in liked, not showing as liked when found outside of liked songs list.

Songs in liked, not showing as liked when found outside of liked songs list.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, PC)

Operating System

(iOS 14, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

When im searching for songs and artists, a lot of songs sometimes dont show a heart, even though if I search among my Liked songs, it shows a heart. And no, im not talking about the same track under a different album, im talking about exact tracks not showing hearts. It will even let me select like on those tracks and then I end up with duplicates that make my number of liked songs inaccurate, I was able to catch it before I wouldnt be able to remove the duplicates, but this has been a problem for a while now and its frustrating. For example... I know I have certain songs by Deadmau5 liked, about 20-30 of them, but when i open search for deadmau5, it shows only like 6, and there are songs that i know are liked, not showing a heart. PLEASE FIX THIS SPOTIFY!

3 Replies

Hey there @Sonophile

Welcome to the Community and thanks for getting in touch about this. 

The behavior you're describing can happen when an album gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version.

We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs. For now we suggest that you unlike the "old" track in the liked songs or saved album and replace it with the new one.

We'll keep working on improving this experience moving forward and advise that you keep the app up to date with the latest version so that you don't miss out on any fixes.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

im having the same problem, and i don't wanna like them again bc i like to see the real date i added my songs. did you fix it?

Hey there @carolnegri!

Thanks for posting about this. Spotify are working on improving this behavior but we're afraid we can't guarantee that such small mix-ups won't happen as the process of re-uploading songs is not entirely in the hand of the Spotify team. 

We thank you for your feedback and we'll forward it to the correct teams here! Hopefully we'll see this happening less and less in in future versions.

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts