Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs not available

Songs not available

Hi, i'm listening to Tupac. But i have noticed that some of his songs are not available in my country, Norway. There are three songs that i listened a lot to, but after a while i noticed that they had been removed form my playlist. Now i can't play them, and then a little message comes up on top of my spotify screen that says; the songs are not available in your country. So i'm asking, will they be available again?

9 Replies

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

They have been gone for over 4 months now, i think. Do you have any idea of how long they are going to be unavailable?

I have no idea, only the Artist itself can decide that unfortunately.

Do you mean the artist that made (and performed) the song? He's Tupac Shakur, dead since 1996. Don't mean to sound stupid here, but i have no clue on how this works.

I didn't know that, mainly because that's not my genre I'm listening to. Most albums created by Prince was taken off from Spotify when he died.

Okay, i'm quite sure it's not the same with Tupac. There are a lot of albums and songs from Tupac on spotify, but these three songs are so great! I really want them back. But thanks for helping ๐Ÿ™‚

You're most welcome.

Sometimes if they are big songs that the artist/label still makes BIG money from on downloads they remove them to get you to purchase. Could be the case here.
Follow me

The Goods.

The artists on Spotify have agreements through Spotify to get compensation for their music. Perhaps the Tupak songs you want to listen to are not yet or no longer under contract for many reasons. Hopefully Spotify can get them back them back soon for you!

Suggested posts