Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs only able listning 30 seconds to

Solved!

Songs only able listning 30 seconds to

Hi,

I have a question, if anybody knows. 

I wonder if it is a content issue when there is songs on an artist that a user only can listen to, for 30 seconds.

Is it maybe decided by Artist/lable to only provide teaser-version of the songs, or is it an issue within Spotify?

Noticed several songs like this, on two of Lady Antebellums album.

For example:

Album Golden and the songs:

* Nothin' like the first time

* Better off now (that you're gone)

* It ain't pretty

* All for love (have played full version on Spotify beging fo 2015)

Album Own the night and the songs:

* Friday Night

* When you were mine

Anybody knows and can help me understand 🙂

Regards,

Annethe

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Annethe71

Thanks for the links, now I see. I was not aware some listening regions where getting 30 second sound bites of unavailable tracks. Mostly when stuff in the U.S. becomes unavailable it is just greyed out, I will pass this along. As I did a quick look up of the release and I naturally thought most of the standard release was available to you in Sweden. Anyway thanks again for the links. 

Edited to add: The Spotify mods are sending this up the latter to have the content folks take a look, no guarantees though the content could show, seems to be this might be a licensing issue with certain tracks on those releases.

View solution in original post

74 Replies

@Annethe71

Hello:

Does the music playing like this happen with all Spotify apps even using the webplayer here?: https://play.spotify.com/

Can you post what devices, OS, and Spotify app versions this is happening with? I checked those songs from the artist page and they all show the correct song lengths. You might post your listening region you are in if this might be a regional access issue or playback problem?

The songs in Spotify shows how long the songs can be played, need to clarify.

It says 0:54 on one of the songs, and 0:30 on the other songs.

I use both IOS and Windows-applications and the songs are only able to be played for 0:54/0:30, in the applications I use no matter which device I choose to listen from.

Cheers, 

Annethe

Spotify 030 songs.png

@Annethe71

Hum, this is a weird one. I have the album page up on the Spotify desktop app that the song All For Love comes from, and the song length reads 3:16. Can you also post your listening region? Also you might try first doing a clean reinstall of the Spotify apps on the devices. And also does the song time length show the same as :30 when looking at the song information from the Spotify webplayer too? I have not come across this issue before. The music that is provided on the Spotify service is supposed to be the full length versions of individual single tracks or the full track release version of releases when available to listening regions on the Spotify service, not :30 sound bites.

Also just to get this out of the way are you a Spotify Premium or ad-free Spotify user? Just getting all needed information as this one probable might need to be escalated to the Spotify mods, after you try with a reinstall the Spotify apps on your devices to see if this clears up? Can you list what Spotify app versions you currently have on your devices?

I think my initial thought regarding content-rights might be it.

I belong to region Sweden; Europe.

I bet you are US.

I'm a premium user of Spotify.

IOS-version of Spotify is: 5.5.1023

Windows version of Spotify is: 1.0.28.87.g8f9312a4

I have re-installed Spotify several times before, and now recently due to that I have issue with updates of Recently Played Artist as well. So I've tried that before and now, but I dosen't clear the issue. The song still only plays for :30 seconds, and that it's the time that are displayed for me in Spotify on the specific songs.

Added a printscreen from Window-version, for one of the songs again. Checked the webb-version of Spotify as well, and I have same issue there as well. So there is the same for all the applictions I use no matter what type of plattform I'm using.

Cheers,

Annethe

Spotify 030 songs.png

I have the exact same problem with the songs listed by Annethe and long wondered why - it has been like that for at least a year I think.

I'm also in Sweden, a premium user and see the issue no matter how I use Spotify (web in Chrome, Spotify app on a Mac and Spotify app on Android/Galaxy S5).

A solution to this would be great.

Darren

@Annethe71

Hello:

Thanks for the information, I went ahead and escalated this issue and a Spotify mod should get back to me. I am crossing my fingers it is just a content upload issue, and a report on this issue will result with new content from the label with the correct song lengths for you to listen to.

Also the RECENTLY PLAYED ARTISTS has been acting up for Desktop and mobile apps, I do not like assuming things, but I noticed this issue started around the time users wanted Friend Feed restored, when the testing was going on for seeing if users wanted the Recently Played Feed on the desktop app, which is on the mobile apps but which is more real time for what was played by users. I believe there is a report on this issue of RECENTLY PLAYED ARTISTS already on the community and it is being looked into. I tried a quick search as soon as I find it the report of it for users to add their information, I will amend my post here for the link to it.

Thanks @JayLB, let's hope for a easy solution:-)

Recently Played Artists are handled in other topics, and I have emailed Spotify directly and they are investigating it still.
I noticed that in mobile IOS-version Spotify has 2 similar menus under Home, RECENTLY PLAYED and CONTINUE WHERE YOU STOPPED. For me they are the same, but only the first mentioned is now updating according to what I'm listening to. The last mentioned is not updating at all, and I haven't seen these two together before Spotify latest update that occurred on April the 27th,

@Annethe71

Hello:

A Spotify mod got back to me, can you please provide the song URI links from the desktop app in a post here, the songs that are showing the 30 second sound bite.

Marked as solution

@Annethe71

Thanks for the links, now I see. I was not aware some listening regions where getting 30 second sound bites of unavailable tracks. Mostly when stuff in the U.S. becomes unavailable it is just greyed out, I will pass this along. As I did a quick look up of the release and I naturally thought most of the standard release was available to you in Sweden. Anyway thanks again for the links. 

Edited to add: The Spotify mods are sending this up the latter to have the content folks take a look, no guarantees though the content could show, seems to be this might be a licensing issue with certain tracks on those releases.

Content issue then as i thought 🙂

We get greyed out too here in Sweden, for Sonys only available type like in US.

Thanks for your help looking into the matter:-)

@JayLB

@Annethe71

Hello:

The Spotify mods got back to me, seems this issue has been corrected now. Not sure exactly what you might see, just greyed out tracks where there were :30 sound samples or full length restored songs? But let me, any Spotify mod, or Rock Star know if any other issue crops up.

@JayLB

Hi!

The tracks on the Golden album all appear to be full length songs now which is great! The following two songs are still preview tracks though: 

Album - Own the night:

- Friday Night (https://play.spotify.com/track/6ivS77wP66QLsr344mx5Dl)

- When you were mine (https://play.spotify.com/track/3Pt03PJOpXLpoToVXe7ZN0)

Thanks for your help with this - it is much appreciated 🙂

Darren

@DarrenPotter

Thanks for those, I have escalated those, so give it some time should be a fix coming soon. 🙂

This is so great, I'm enjoying myself right now! See that respons on the 2 song on the Own the Night album is already done, so I'm awaiting to fully enjoy Lady Antebellum shortly...

Thanks @JayLB for your great support help with this, making me a happy Lady! ❤️

@Annethe71 - so it's not just me listening to those tracks right now? 😉

No @DarrenPotter it's not ONLY you 😉 

"All For Love" goes round and round... hihi 

Ahhh...that's a favourite here too! 😉 Finally able to hear the full song again after so long!! 😄

@DarrenPotter

Hello:

The Spotify mods got back to me and have wrote back that these tracks have been reported for a fix.

Suggested posts