Songs only able listning 30 seconds to

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Songs only able listning 30 seconds to

DannyM2
Casual Listener

Yes. Same thing for me. The albums I've embedded only play a 30second excerpt for each track.

Highlighted

urbanriders
Music Fan

I'm happy to inform that the embed for my blog seems to have started working. It plays full songs, not 30-second snippets. Make sure that you are logged in on both browser and desktop app. Haven't tested it on mobile but honest on mobile I hope people just listen to it inside the app.

Check them out and let me know if they work for you. 

cali crusing playlist

urban riders playlist

I didn't really do anything except to contact the support staff directly via email and send them a ton of videos on the issues. I also used examples from the Spotify blog to prove the embed works sometimes but other times it just doesn't. 

I thought I had an issue with the music not playing for a while but then I realized that it was just my browser tab muted. 

Best of luck on this everyone

Highlighted

DannyM2
Casual Listener

I've checked all of the above and sadly still only playing 30 second excerpts. I'm logged in on bwoser and app. Also does is on phone and iPad.

I'll contact support.

Highlighted

urbanriders
Music Fan

Use the vid yard chrome extension to communicate with them. That way they can clearly watch the issue live. Also, try to find a playlist online that is working for you. I recommend checking the Spotify blog to find an embed they have done themselves, that way they can't give you any**bleep**. 

The thing is after multiple interactions via email with Spotify. They basically shut me down and said they wouldn't know when the issue would be fixed, but I should go ahead and post about it here.  So that's what I did - I don't know what fixed the issue on my end. But I made sure to update my Spotify and made sure to log in to it on the browser and to connect my facebook. 

Then I sent my link around to people to test it for me. And most said its working if they have Spotify. 

Here is the vid yard thing im talking about

Highlighted

Jorelle

Hello,

I had the same issue and I had given up. But now I noticed a change. I just changed my site from not secure (http) to secure (https) and now the whole song plays on spotify. Maybe that was the issue? 

Highlighted

shaida353
Visitor

Hey I've been having an issue with the songs on my site only playing for 30 seconds and I actually sent Spotify support your blog as an example of how the songs should be playing. What was the ultimate resolution to your issue when you reached out to Spotify? The support rep I initially reached out to didn't know how to solve the issue and is reffering me to the Spotify developers Github community board which seems like a black hole. Thanks!

SUGGESTED POSTS