Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs were available before but now are grayed out or gone!

Songs were available before but now are grayed out or gone!

Hey there,

What can cause a song to be grayed out now - but was ok few days ago?

eg. "Alchemy: Dire Straits Live". I can't play song #6 anymore (Sultans of Swing) - but other songs in the same album are ok.

I've already tried to delete my cache / delete downloaded songs and make them offline - but even listening from the Spotify application directly on streaming doesn't work.

Can someone else confirm he can / can't listen that song too?

Any ideas why?

thanks,

4 Replies

HI 
I can confirm that i can't play number one and six of Alchemy: "Dire Straits Live" either. I have the same problem with whole album "D E V I L" by Boris Brejcha. Friday everything was good and now i can't search it anymore 😞 Maybe somone know why this is happening i'm very courious about it.

Hey all! unfortunately there is not a way to fix this. Some songs are restricted by market, and are unavailable in certain countries. This has to do with the licenses that Spotify holds with the artist/record label. These licenses are updated often, so it could change back to being available in your area! You can find more (albeit, vague) info about content availability here

Thanks

Doesn't really make sense to have some songs restricted and others not... especially on an album that exists since years.

😞

Hey Exca!

There are only a few reasons that I can think of that a song would be grayed out:

- The song is labeled explicit, and you have explicit turned off in your settings.

- The artist/music company has terminated their contract for these specific songs.

- This song is not available or no longer available in your particular region, due to the request of the artist and company.

Hope this helps!

-Oburger04

Suggested posts