Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Soundtrack radio/genre

Soundtrack radio/genre

Hi, simple question, I have not seen a OST genre in Spotify, at least in the PC client. I tried searching genre:OST genre:sountrack genre:films but nothing came up. Does anyone know if that category exists in Spotify, and how to reach it?

Thanks!

5 Replies

@apertotes

What about just doing a keyword search for Soundtracks in the Spotify apps search window?

Then I get a bunch of albums, songs and playlists, but I do not want to listen to a specific album or somebody else's playlist, I simply want a radio that plays soundtracks endlessly and that I can tune with thumbs.

@apertotes

How about pulling up a specific release of a soundtrack you know is on the Spotify service for your listening region, and then basing a Radio station off of that release?

Like for example "Titanic"? That would not work, I would get lots of songs by James Horner and Celine Dion, but it would probably not play "The Godfather theme", or "Kiss the girl" from the Little Mermaid.

I can make my own playlist, and then create a radio from that, I just took it for granted that there was a OST genre in Spotify but I was not skilled enough to find it.

@apertotes

I tried some fancy search terms to see if Movie soundtracks would show like you maybe where looking for as it's own genre, but I did not have much luck. Since movie sountracks depending on what type they are, movie scores like Hans Zimmer, or multiple artists contributions, these tend to be lumped in with either composer artist pages, or added to individual artists pages as additional releases the artist is added to like compliations and movie sound tracks on the APPEARS ON section of certain artist pages.

Suggested posts